July 28 - August 1, 2008

Toups

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's true, but look at how bad NBC struggled without Passions this past year with the failure of syndicated Merv Griffin's Crosswords. Even Ben Silverman said he would've kept it around had Jeff Zucker not made cancellation before he stepped into office, that's why DAYS is still on NBC.

• Members

Is this really true? I hope so because although off to a rocky start, I think NBC has done a really good job with their Olympics coverage, although I think the Michael Phelps obsession( and I FLOVE him) is out of control. But he's ratings gold (not just Olympic gold) I guess. Swimming is a popular passtime in the US and he certainly has surpassed Mark Spitz as the alltime greatest. I wasn't crazy about Bob Kostas interviewing George Bush about international issues(he's not Tom Brokaw) and would have preferred more discussion about the games and American team . But to each his own. And I hope Days does ride this wave. I'd love to see the show get the bump it deserves.

• Members

We're cruising into Thursday, so no one will probably read this :-).

But I think ratings for THIS week (which won't appear till next week) are going to be AWFUL. Look at the reduced posting frequency here (and I've noticed it on the other boards I have vistited too). Jossip has posters, but that is about the only place :).

This is clearly due to end-of-summer vacations and probably Olympics. But, I suspect our poor soaps are going to look awful, ratings-wise, next week.

Archived