• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I'm pretty sure they were published in the Soap Opera Encyclopedia from 1987. I want to say it was around 1.7 to 2.0. 

I'm sure most of this was a disaster, but I really wish material would show up from the last six months of the show. I would love to see the show once it shifted from the college stories to a lot more of the business dealings with Carter and C.J. 

I actually picked up a press kit for when the show premiered that included several pages of a character biographies for the show, but they don't appear to be from either version of the show that we know about (the unaired pilot or the series). These bios seem to be from a Rituals 1.5 for lack of a better term. The Priscilla Lawson character is called "Laura" in the character sketches and there is a biography for a character who clearly becomes Patrick Chapin. In this version, there are also hints that there may have been another untraditional matriarch figure, a female college president who would be dating the "Patrick Chapin" type. If anyone is interested, I'll post some more about it. 

• Members

I'll look for them and type them up. 

I know there are a lot of brief episode listings for the early episodes available in markets that the show aired in primetime. If I come across any of those that I've saved I'll try to post them as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ratings for Rituals are tough to come by, as it aired in various timeslots throughout the country, in the afternoon, early evening and late night.

In Feb  1985 sweeps, in Washington the time period ratings as follows

11pm

WDVM (CBS) late news 13.1/28

WJLA (ABC) late news 12.2/26

WRC (NBC) 11.2/24

WTTG (independent) Rituals 4.7/10

In the Nov 84 sweeps, Rituals played in 90 markets (72.2% coverage) and received a 2.1/6, ranking 201st of over 400 syndicated  shows rated and ranked.

Edited by Paul Raven

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...