• 3 months later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember this soap vividly. It aired during my years living in Chicago on WFLD channel 32 weeknights at 7:30p.m. I watched its entire run and I knew throughout the whole time that the show was struggling. To this day, I think that's too bad because I always felt that there was some potential SOMEWHERE with this show. Like it could've been really good with much better writing and stories. I thought many of the actors were great, so they already had that in place. Better writers were needed to really make it work. I just loved the name: TAYLOR CHAPIN VON PLATEN! WHAT A NAME! LOL.

Edited by Vanguardian

• Members

I don't think these have been posted:

http://vimeo.com/34641302

Cameron Smith, who played Julia's first love interest, shows highlights from his time on the show. I don't think they are in order.

Seen in these clips are Cameron Smith (German gigolo Bernhardt), Jo Ann Pflug (as Taylor, briefly), Tina Louise (as Taylor, more frequently), Winifred Freedman (as Patty Dupunt, Bernhardt's wife). Gloria Leroy appears briefly as Clara, the minister's wife.

I wouldn't say these are the best clips, but they do feature the infamous "Taylor seduces Bernhardt" scene which is rather tame. This is probably Tina Louise's first appearance in the series.

• Members

Watching those clips...this show had very broad comedy. Oof.

Who is playing the woman at the justice of peace? She looks so familiar to me.

I didn't see anything in the recaps about the story with Patty and Bernhardt. Do we know how it ended? Was this after the story with Julia?

Patty is annoying, but then so is the material.

Tina Louise is better than I thought she'd be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've mentioned In other threads that I keep track of cast lists for US soaps. Can anyone help me fill in the the names of the following characters:

Larry Pellegrino, who hated Tom Gallagher because of his sister Susie

Susie Pellegrino, if she was ever seen

Blanche Crouch, potential surrogate

Hammer Gonzalez, boxer

Phillip Pierce, scientist

Lyndon, manager of the Hunt Club

Rick, the stable boy

Muffy/Buffy any girls from Haddon Hall

Any input is appreciated, thanks

• Members

Was the Pellegrino story resolved? I remember Larry hated Tom because Susie had committed suicide or something along those lines and Tom seem to think Eddie had something to do with it. I guess if Susie did appear it would be in flashbacks.

I think Hammer Gonzalez been stunt casted with a real life boxer. I feel like I read that somewhere, but maybe I'm confusing him with another character in the gambling story.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Actor George Lazenby played Logan Williams on the syndicated serial Rituals in 1984 and 1985.

George Lazenby will be in conversation with film critic Stephen Farber Tuesday evening at the 45th anniversary screening of the James Bond classic "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." The 1969 hit was the Australian actor's only outing as 007. The screening will take place at 7 p.m. at the Landmark in Los Angeles.

For more information go to http://www.landmarktheatres.com