• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow that's great. I love all the color photos, in character. It's so weird seeing Kevin Spirtas dressed that way.

I think I may have posted all the Rituals recaps, but I'm not entirely sure.

I love the covers too. Poor MBE - epitome of the 80s.

The guy looks so familiar to me. I'm not sure why. He reminds me a little of Bill Beyers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The lead up to the big murder mystery was fairly well done. I have to agree with Charlene Keel's assessment of those episodes. They sound very exciting, but, with soap opera, I don't think they would be able to maintain the momentum. There was going to be lulls. I think that is where they were going to have trouble luring the 'Dallas' / 'Dynasty' crowd. I think trying to tell a more corporate story in daytime might have worked, but it's too much to ask an American audience to invest in a daily serial against primetime programming. I wish the MyNetworkTv novelas had aired at 7 or 11 in order to build an audience.

It's been wonderful to learn more about characters like Clay, Marissa, and Nancy.

thanks carl.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Thanks, Carl.

So this was the set up for the Diandra / Mike situation. This international espionage plot sounds bad, but it was the in-thing at the time. I think the show should have geared itself more towards the primetime audience with the business intrigue and family in-fighting.

Bernhardt is such an odd character. I've never gotten a real sense of how old he is suppose to be.

The Christina / Patrick dynamic is interesting and I can see how this would have evolved into an affair. I'm still not clear how everyone is related since it is clear Brady tries to set up Noel / Jeff without there being any mention of Sara and Christina being related.

Taylor's comment regarding sleeping with her husbands was a bit humorous.

I believe the textile developed for the government is the Chalon project that dominates a good portion of the business action in the series.

• Members

5/7/85 Digest.

SOD5785001.jpg

Also from this issue:

The murderer's confession in a courtroom outburst on RITUALS is just the beginning of the action on the syndicated soap. Coming up ,watch for Katie's father to return. An adoption offer will create dissension in Mike and Lacey's marriage - but one of them may have a change of heart...and could a romance blossom between Sara and Detective Gates? Stay tuned...

• 2 weeks later...