July 14-18, 2008

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What has happened at ATWT - suddenly they have really great looking sets and not everyone is living out of Fairwinds Hotel :-) Although it is kind of strange that Lily and Holden's house is completely different now with no explanation.

• Members

WOW! for the first time in a long time its a Saturday and the ratings still haven't been released. I hope they're released by Sunday.

Actually I've noticed that too, they gave Parker a room and Lily's house looks new all of a sudden. What's going on here?

• Members

I believe that the new set for Lily is an entirely new "house". Although I am a casual ATWT viewer, I believe that Lily bought a new house since she and Holden are no longer living together - him spending most of his time at the Snyder Farm.

I know that some fans made note of the fact that Lily gets a new set as soon as long-time protrayer Martha Byrne leaves and is replaced by Noelle Beck.

• Members

Actually the ratings have been released - they are just not available to Toups yet due to her source. It was stated above that he would not get access to them until next week.

Also the other 2 people who sometimes get the ratings for us here have not gotten access to them either. The ratings were released on Thursday as always which is why the ABC press release has already been put out there.

• Members

This is supposed to be the family room and just a different entrance to Lily's house. She didn't buy a new house.

The sets were addressed in the last SID. What ATWT has done is made all the sets significantly smaller. For example they mentione the Lakeview lounge, lobby and restaurant and said all 3 sets now fit in the space just one would have occupied in the past. They no longer put them up and take them down and instead are left standing on the two stages they have. By making them so much smaller it allows them to have more sets but they save the expense of having to take them down and set them up so often.

• Members

Well, based on ABC's press release, we at least know this much:

HH Viewers

1. Y&R

2. B&B

3. GH 2.96 million

4. OLTL 2.66 million

5. AMC 2.57 million

5. ATWT 2.57 million

7. DAYS 2.31 million

8. GL 2.19 million

Women 18-49 Viewers

1. Y&R 1.02 (-31,000)

2. GH 945,000 (SAME)

3. OLTL 843,000 (-42,000)

4. B&B (???)

5. AMC 733,000 (-32,000)

6. DAYS 669,000 (-81,000)

7. ATWT 647,000 (-9,000)

8. GL 596,000 (+13,000)

Women 18-49 Rating

1. Y&R 1.6 (SAME)

2. GH 1.4 (SAME) <--- ties low rating

3. OLTL 1.3 (SAME)

4. B&B 1.1 (-.1)

4. AMC 1.1 (-.1)

6. DAYS 1.0 (-.1) <--- new low rating

6. ATWT 1.0 (SAME)

8. GL 0.9 (SAME) <---ties low rating

Women 18-34 Rating

1. GH 1.0/350,000

2. OLTL 0.9/307,000

2 or 3. Y&R 0.9 or 0.8/???

4. AMC 0.7/241,000

4. DAYS 0.7/232,000

4. B&B 0.7/???

7. ATWT 0.6/179,000

8. GL 0.5/145,000

• Members

Lucinda referred to the new room in Lily's house as the "den" on Tuesday's episode.

The shrinking sets are obvious if you watch older episodes. The police station has gotten so much smaller compared to just a few years ago. Parts of the set that were inside of the station (like the wall-of-fame) are now outside of the doors, and other parts of the set have just disappeared. It's not really that noticeable since they never show an extreme wide shot of any of the sets.

This deletion of parts of sets has been slowly happening for a few years now...

Is it just me or does Katie & Brad's new house seem huge for an ATWT set??

• Members

The one that seems huge to me is Fairwinds. Katie and Brad's home seems big sometimes and then not so big others. I've wondered if they have gotten better with new sets of giving the illusion of being bigger than it is. Lily's home seems bigger than some too. Or it could be just that the newer sets we haven't seen in a bigger form to compare them too :lol:

• Members

It looks like ATWT, OLTL, AMC all lost from last week and GH went up, I can't believe they're that close to 3 million viewers, it must be the Johnny stuff.

Is it me or does it seem like the casual fans of GH only watch it when there's a major storyline or stunt taking place on the show?

After seeing Night Shift this past week on SoapNet the HD quality has made it look so much better to watch and I'm hoping they replace AMC's film style camera with the HD one and maybe that will bring back some of the fans they lost prior to 2006.

Archived