Days: New Promo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I havent seen the promo, sounds good. However, I wish Sami and Nicole would shut the hell up on every episode on who wins(in Austins's eyes), are they still 15? The writing for Sami has been so bad as of late and I am sick of it.

• Members

This is ridiculous... don't these characters ever evolve?

We all know that JER cannot write for mature characters but come on... Carrie must have grown while she was away. And we all know that Sami has grown (and then regressed) since the 90s, why can't the stories move forward and not backwards?

I'd love a story where it had nothing to do with sibling rivalry over a man. I'd love a story where Carrie and Sami need each other and feed from each other but also resent each other. I want one where complex dynamics and interesting feelings are revealed, layer upon layer. Sami is so bitter and so mean and Carrie is nice and sincere - why can't this difference be explored without Austin or Lucas being the focal point? Maybe Sami is incapable of being happy for Carrie because Sami wishes she had spent more time with Roman growing up instead of John. Oh wait, they've done that. So why not use this opportunity for Sami to spend time with Carrie and Roman and build from this trauma, together?

Why not write a freaking original story for one JER?

• Members

I wouldn't want it any other way.

Sorry, but it makes perfect sense. Austin was the love Sami's life for 10 years. Carrie and Austin were MARRIED. Are they not supposed to fall back into the same feelings after seeing each other? It's the same thing that happens in real life.

• Members

I agree KR-people want realism and they are getting it and they still find something wrong. I guess Days is just an acquired taste-you either like it or you don't. People might say its because of JER writing the story but its not-even when there were others writers in charge people were always doing this same thing IMO.

Oh well its good to know some others besides me are enjoying this story and Days right now :) .

• Members

Sami doesn't hate Carrie because of Austin, Roman, or John. She only peripherally hates her because of Alan, the guy who raped her because he couldn't have her sister. Despite the crush Sami had on Austin after she was stuck in the elevator with him during a claustrophobia attack(before she knew he was the object of Carrie's affections), Sami was one of Carrie and Austin's biggest supporters. Carrie got a scar on her face because Austin wouldn't fix a fight and she dumped Austin, and Sami was the one who worked hard to bring them back together, while Carrie was doing the whole "I am so hideous" routine in much the same manner as Chloe. Sami was always felt in her sister's shadow, but her sister was the one person she could count on after Roman and Marlena "died". The rape didn't change that, but Carrie talking her into pressing charges and then on the witness stand, letting the prosecutor call Sami a liar and let Alan walk away scottfree did. Carrie wouldn't deny the fact that Sami was lying to her parents to see Alan, but she didn't bring up that much of that rebellion was caused by the fact that she had just seen her mother cheating on her father with John. (There is no faster way to send a teenage girl into the arms of a boy, than for the woman who is betraying her beloved father to forbid her to see him.) I can still see the way Sami embraced Carrie before she went into court and the expression on her face after Carrie testified. This is one of the best sisterly rivalries in the history of soaps. Carrie is not a saint, and often villianous Sami does have understandable reasons for her behavior. For example, Sami drugged and seduced Austin in an attempt to steal him away from the sister she believed betrayed her, but Carrie married Austin in the end, not because she loved him, but just to hurt Sami. When Austin and Sami spent time together during Austin's marriage, Carrie then used that as a justification for her affair with Mike. Sami was wrong to lie about Will's paternity, but she really believed that Austin was the father until the night that Austin and Lucas were assembling a tricycle for Will and she was going through medical records that included Will's blood type. The expression on her face made it clear that she was shocked. The next day she tries to tell Lucas, but he is over the moon about how well things are going with him and Carrie, and how wonderful things have turned out for both of them(Sami and Lucas). Soon after Sami goes to the hospital and changes the records. In her mind, Uncle Lucas would always be a part to Will's life and the child was nearly two years old, so why change things now? This was one of JER's best stories and if he mines it carefully, and works both Nicole and Mike back into the mix, there could still be gold in them the'r hills.

• Members

Wow I actually agree with a good deal of that-especially the part of this being a classic story just picking up where it left off. Too bad alot of people see this as a regression of the characters though-but I do like your points and maybe others will too seeing as how you explained it in so much detail :) .

• Members

Exactly and THIS is the MAJOR reason why Sami will ALWAYS hate Carrie and will NEVER change.

She is STILL holding onto that hate from the Alan situation which she blames (unfairly) on Carrie.

Ever since then she has wanted her sister to suffer the same way she did and thus I don't even think Sami really wants Austin, she just doesn't want Carrie to have him.

Archived