Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Errol

New Board Skin

What is causing this freezing? The flash video doesn't auto play, and other than that there is one advertisement to the side. The other content are just pure text and generic images...

I know. I'm using IP. Board Pro (Import) as my skin. It's so easy on the eyes. :)
Well as I said IP. Board Pro (Import) wasn't an option for me before, it wasn't in the drop down meny. It's there now though. I'm gonna stick with the newest skin. It's very easy on the eyes and I like the orange. It sticks out from the other more plain skins.

Errol, sorry, but I hate that thing on the left on the index page! It is so distracting! Maybe if you put it at the top or at the bottom of the page, it wouldn't be so intrusive.

I'm sorry that some people do not like the board design, but unfortunately there are some elements that have to be put in place in order to keep SON online. The fact that the side-bar only appears on the left of the Index page is our way of trying to keep said elements from being overtly intrusive, while keeping SON's overhead covered.

However, with that said...down the road there will be another template built that will work better on not being too intrusive on the Index page and will supplement the costs of SON's overhead at the same time. Look out for this in the coming months.

Thank you always for your input!

Errol

I'm sorry that some people do not like the board design, but unfortunately there are some elements that have to be put in place in order to keep SON online. The fact that the side-bar only appears on the left of the Index page is our way of trying to keep said elements from being overtly intrusive, while keeping SON's overhead covered.

However, with that said...down the road there will be another template built that will work better on not being too intrusive on the Index page and will supplement the costs of SON's overhead at the same time. Look out for this in the coming months.

Thank you always for your input!

Errol

I understand. :) It's refreshing that you think about the design and pay attention to what other people think about it.

One question: IS the board skin supposed to change when clicking on the Entertainment News & Editorials forum? I go to that forum and I end up with the Elegance Skin

Me, too! :lol:

LOL glad to see it's not just me, I thought my puter was acting screwy :P

And you know what else is happening? :D When I log in, that whole bar on the left with the commercials, promos and latest news is — gone!

SON Blue has been restored to its first incarnation (for now).

Elegance is temporarily the default theme for Forums under the Community Features category.