November 21-25, 2005

Toups

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Come on..the show is not that bad!! I rather enjoyed OLTL all year!! However it seems like some viewers left...but that is there mistake in my opinion. Even if some OLTL storie's are not working so well..at least there are performers on the show that make up for that poor writing!! That is how i see it.

• Members

I'm glad you enjoy it but you can make that -643,000 +1 as far as I'm concerned because yes it is that bad. It's not a matter of "some" stories not working well, none of the stories work well and the performers who can compensate are the ones that get less than 5 minutes of air time in a week.

• Members

I have liked OLTL recently. Much better than the Tico mess. I believe fans are tired of Carlo and the prison break. It has gone on way to long. Carlo has run his course. The character needs to leave the canvas.

As much as I am liking OLTL, I am so sick of the prison break. It is time to end it.

• Members

With all due respect you can drop the faithful comment because I sincerely doubt that you have anything on me. OTOH I'm not going to praise the crap that plays on 45 of the 50 minutes of the show as of late. Friday's show didn't have 60 seconds that I considered watchable. Now if the show wants to continue to run off it's loyal and faithful viewers like myself then please continue to produce shows like Friday.

• Members

So I guess this is the problem with bringing back favorite characters. By no means in my opinion has Carlo ran his course. He's the type of villian who could always come back and make his presence felt. But the storyline he has been thrown in is pretty lame for a "tear the house down" kind of villian that he has been on OLTL. They've driven him up a wall so much so that a return of his can hardly be considered anything close to big.

But, I agree with those, as usual Jovanachris have once again dragged the show down. With Tess' story taking a backdrop this past week the show has begun to drag. Also Spencer is becoming another inane type of character. Ginger is killed on the spot b/c of his say so? I'm starting to hate Stratterfield. I never liked him on GH and I hate him even more now. This type of character had the potential to be the "love to hate" but now it's pretty much hate.. with a passion and I think Stratterfield has a lot to do with that.

So that's why OLTL has hit a minute stumbling block IMO, lol.

• Members

Carlo hasn't run his course the problem is the story and the writing. Carlo's history and thus his interest for I'd guess many is his interaction with Viki, Kevin, Bo, Asa, Renee. Placing Carlo in a story with Evangaline rambling on about Carlo was absurd. Evangaline hasn't a clue and neither does John. Natalie and Carlo have never met and so having Carlo wax on about Natalie Vega again has no impact. While Antonio and Carlo do have history which was finally exploited Antonio was also AWOL for the story. In other words every single person who could have and should have interacted with Carlo to create a story of interest was excluded from the story. Add to that the fact that Carlo was written as a cartoon rather than the suave and brilliant criminal we know and you have nothing but a disaster in the making.

Perhaps Dena should stop surfing the internet and reading fan fiction and do some real research.

Archived