November 21-25, 2005

Toups

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, I know the prison break story on OLTL kinda sucked, but I still think the show is in pretty decent condition. I am rather surprised to see it so low...especially in total viewers. It's definately a hell of alot of better than it was a year ago.

• Members

OLTL has only be showing the prison riot throughout the month of November. Yes there have been other characters sprinkled in, but the show has been about the prison riot. The prison riot is a bomb and bombs always explode. That is what is happening with the ratings.

I agree with Cheap, it really is time to start showcasing Viki and Clint, David and Dorian, Tess and Nash, Michael and Marcie, RJ, ect. ect. I'm not arguing that they should not show that quadrangle, they do have their fans. But they put all their eggs into one basket in sweeps and it was a bust. And yes, I know other characters were on the show, but they were just on. Period. The show was clearly about the prison riot.

No character or story should be on more than three times a week. The prison riot was on every day but one. You could see these ratings coming. I wonder when fans stop coming back? On another point, when GH and AMC started sucking air, changes were made in storylines and focus. I'm not seeing Fronsie taking any action to change the direction of OLTL.

I'm very disappointed in Higley. But since I started watching this show, message boards have constantly yelled fire the writer, fire the writer. Well, we've yelled the sky is falling so often, I doubt the boards have much credibility.

• Members

Oh me, oh my! Is that GL at 7th place in total viewers? I hope soon they'll be able to surpass 2 soaps (AMC & OLTL) and have it reflected in the HouseHold numbers too! Nice to see GL holding steady. Hopefully their strong episodes this past week will bump up the numbers a tenth at least.

Nice to see DAYS had a great turnout for the anniversary episode on Friday. Personally, I thought the episode was disappointing compared to what it *could've* been, but it was still nice and I loved seeing tender moments between Doug & Julie and Mickey & Maggie (too bad they couldn't use Mickey/Maggie flashbacks).

• Members

As happy as I might be that GL went up in households, when GL hits 7th place, it normally has more to do with AMC or OLTL's numbers diving down. Then they go up the following week. I am actually beginning to miss the mix of characters the show used to have. If you don't get hooked on one of the few stories they have going, you change the channel.

Archived