The Doctors

• Members

Thanks for finding all those interviews. I wish the show got more attention but I'm happy that at least Roger Newcomb is paying attention. Why am I not surprised that the likes of DC does not give a [!@#$%^&*]? They hate soaps and always will.

Liz looks great. Seeing her ask for work is sad. She's one of the best out there. I wish someone would give her a job. I'd love to see her pop up on something like Game of Thrones as a Lannister cousin.

(yes I'm dreaming)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've grown to simply love snarky, slimey (and now sympathetic) Nathan Bunker. House Jameson (who plays the part) is simply brilliant in the role, imo, and was actually once a rather well known actor thanks to his role as Sam Aldrich, the father on the sit-com "The Aldrich Family" which he played on both radio & tv from 1939-1953. In fact, for a brief period, GL's own Charita Bauer played his daughter. Prior to "The Doctors", he played the patriarch of the ill-fated Gregory family on "Another World."

• Members

November 1977 Daytimers.

I keep thinking about saynotoursoap's comments about his ideas not being a good fit for the show. I can sort of see that with the core families talk. The setup we're seeing on the Retro TV reruns suits it more.

His comments about Liz Hubbard, which are a more polite way of saying "bye, bitch!" amuse me, as he wrote and wrote for her on ATWT.

Not a big fan of Julia Duffy either.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I think so, too. John is really going to take Polly's impending loss hard, and he deserves a good woman to love and who will love him. Why should his cousin Dr. Steve "I love all the women of the world" Aldrich have all the fun?

In episode two, we also get our first glance at the first Maggie replacement, Kathleen Murray (who passed away the following year of cancer). The only clue we get that this lady is Maggie is because Miss Murray is wearing the same brown dress with a stripe on it under her lab coat that Bethel Leslie wore in the first episode. No voiceover is heard saying, "Today the role of Dr. Maggie Powers will be played by..."

Does Bethel ever come back, or does Lydia Bruce immediately follow Kathleen Murray?

I also loved the moment Althea and Nick shared in the lounge following the surgery (the first operation we've gotten to see!) - and it was pure magic. I loved the way Nick looked at her as she left to go back to the clinic. Plus, Gerald Gordon looked pretty good in scrubs!!!

• Members

I just wanted Nick and Althea to give in to their feelings and fall into each others' arms, and to also discuss the fact they both have seen The Kooky Kraut in action after Matt! By the way, how about when Althea chided Maggie about her stubborness? Look in the mirror, Dr. Davis- aren't you stubborn about your lingering feelings for Nick? My God- I was so worried Polly was going to kick the bucket during Bonnie's visit. She could go any minute. :(

I also noticed there was no announcement of Ms. Murray taking over for Bethel Leslie. Lydia Bruce becomes Maggie in the summer, so we should see Ms. Leslie back after a few weeks. It's amazing how primitive surgery was in 1968 compared to today- technology has made a lot of changes in 46 years!