The Doctors

• Members

Today's episodes were up around 5:00 when I watched them (but I see they're down now). Hope this is temporary. The live stream has been working for me the last two days but the station only airs the second half hour.

Edited by jam6242

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh no. I lost my password and haven't been able to get on the boards for weeks, lol, thanks to Toups for solving that dilema. I totally missed all the episodes (except the one on YT) If they come back up any chance I could get in on it, haha. Really wanna see this show.

I love the more modern production compared to other soaps of the time. The music and writing is so sophisticated. Elizabeth Hubbard looks amazing, like a movie star of the day, she has a sophisticated air to her. I really like the performances too. NBC had three great soaps on in the 60's and 70's. What an amazing line up. Hopefully one day we can see all three from that era.

As far as the episodes being in colour. I looked up a few newspaper articles, apparently the show went colour around Oct 1966. Makes sense as Days started in colour in Nov 1965 and Another World went colour I think Jun 1966. NBC News went all colour in 1966 too.

• Members

RetroTV doesn't have a channel in the NYC area, so I can understand why Liz Hubbard didn't know about it. (Of course, Liz knows about it now as probably Martha mentioned it when they spoke...as otherwise how would she know that Liz didn't know.)

• Members

The amount of time between the taping and the airing of the show has been mentioned.

One possible reason could be that The Doctors, at one point, taped shows on Saturday for most of the year and then the cast had a month or two hiatus in the summertime. The performers could travel to other cities to concentrate on stage work or could perform television or movie roles during the break.

I know that this practice was done in the early 1970s. I don't know when it started, but it could have been a practice as early as 1967.

• Members

Ugh. I'm so upset. I caught the 2nd episode today through the live stream (which only shows the second ep), but thanks to a live tweeter & heard that Liz/Althea had a bit of a dust up today about Nick and I couldn't wait to get home from work to see the episode. I have been waiting to see this all freaking day. *ugh*

• Members

I can't remember the last time I was this engaged in a soap, I really hope that the uploads can be resumed at some point. Maybe if the commercials are left in, RetroTV wouldn't have a problem with the show being uploaded.

I have hundreds of channels and the one that I really want, I can't get. sad.png