The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watching the first episode now. It's interesting. I feel it's going to take time to memorize who these people are due to the white hospital coats, but I love the look and style and the acting is good. It's going to be so interesting to watch a traditional soap from this period since we only usually see Dark Shadows or Strange Paradise.

• Members

I loved Karen telling Maggie and Althea that maybe one day she'll understand the American sense of humor & Maggie and Althea look at each other like blink.png LOL

What passes today for humor is the whole cast acting like drunken fools and being behind bars and making nasty jokes about an actor's weight.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I love how snarky the characters can be. Althea is almost mocking of Liz while Maggie is so utterly dry and blunt. Matt is gruff and no-nonsense. Nick is just a rough and tumble ass. John is rather arrogant and judgmental, yet rather endearing in his scenes with Polly (who really is a kook!). And that first meeting between Steve & Carolee!!! OMG! Steve is just SO charming and smooth while Carolee is INSTANTLY smitten, endearing, and oh so adorable (I chuckled when she got flustered over Steve and accidentally smacked that other nurse in the face with that folder). The only ones who don't really seem to fit are Bill & Ruth because they seem so detached from the rest of the drama.

• Members

Just wanted to say I wasn't trying to scare anybody. I do hope we can still talk about these episodes and more will be uploaded as they go along. I'm so glad we'll get to see these, especially that episode before the one uploaded on Monday.

I never thought I'd get to see any of this. I thought they'd just be a bad taunting memory of Hallmark yesteryear. It's just so good to get to see something from this era beyond DS, Strange Paradise, and grainy copies.