The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What a find!! I hope whoever posted this (and what is the YT poster's name?) continues to upload episodes.

Jim Pritchett was an underrated actor. There are so many fantastic performances in this show. Makes up for the rather dull looking sets, but soaps didn't always have those extravagant sets back then. They spent more on acting...

We need to encourage more of this YT posting. I live in West Michigan and even though RetroTV is offered on our cable, it is only a handful of programs and The Doctors isn't one of them. :(

• Members

You're right, it does work now. So I guess tomorrow we'll have to all just try to watch live?? I hope someone may upload at some point.

I was talking to someone and they said their affiliate aired two episodes yesterday - the episode before the one we saw had Nick meeting Karen Werner, Matt and Maggie not getting to go to a play, and Jerry and Nick brawling.

I guess that affiliate must have aired two today, surely?

I wish Retro TV would at least put up synopses like Soapnet did with Ryan's Hope early on.

Does anyone know how to record a stream?

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm talking with someone who doesn't want to upload (they are saving them but just don't want to upload for copyright reasons), but is going to try to give me synopses of each episode. I know that's not the same as the episodes but I guess with even that stream only having one episode it might be a good chance for now of getting more details.

• Members

That music is so dramatic, but it sounds like they didn't really compose a full-length version for the closing credits. They made a good decision when they switched to the more familiar melody in 1971.

I also was under the impression that there was always a teaser scene before the music came in and the title card appeared, a la GH at this time (except GH did a fade to black/blue for the title). This instead reminds me a lot of Crossroads.

• Members

Interesting to see cast credits.

James Noble is listed as Dr Bill Winters but IMDB has him as Bill Reynolds,so if we continue to get access to credits a lot of information should come our way.

Was that only for the cast that appeared that week.I noticed David O'Brien wasn't listed as Steve.Wasn't he on by then?

Rick Edelstein is listed as story editor and he would later became co headwriter.

I think 67 was the year The Doctors was possibly going to CBS.

• Members

This is the synopsis said kind person did for me for the first four episodes. Hopefully they will do more as more episodes air.

Nick meets the new doctor on staff from Germany, Karen Werner. Dr. John Rice and Nick get in a fight about Liz and Althea. Maggie is disappointed that Matt has to assist Karen in OR and unable to make the play they had tickets for.
Matt and Karen walk in on John and Nick fist fighting. Althea drops over at Maggie’s and they discuss Althea’s pregnancy. Matt reprimands Nick and John. Karen arrives at Maggie’s and clues them in on the fight.
Althea asks Nick about the fight with John. John visits with an eccentric patient named Polly and tries to retrieve information about her background. Nick is short with Liz when she asks Nick why his face is all bruised up.
Dr. Bill Winters talks with Mrs. Berger at the adoption agency and Ruth’s drinking problem is brought up. Ruth Winters is introduced to a young difficult patient named Danny. Althea has a counseling session with Bill. Ruth asks Bill how things went with Mrs. Berger and that they have to be able to adopt.
James Pritchett as Matt Powers
Elizabeth Hubbard as Althea Davis
Bethel Leslie as Maggie Powers
Terry Kiser as John Rice
Laryssa Laurett s Karen Werner
Gerald Gordon as Nick Bellini
Pamela Toll as Liz Wilson
Ann Whitside as Ruth Winters
James Noble as Bill Winters