The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Was that the end of John and Ashley? I'm blanking out on how many of the characters were written out-Brad,Jack,Darcy,Viveca.I think some of these had potential and it was damaging for them all to be dropped when the audience may have been getting interested.

Variety over the years would note cast comings and goings (not everything unfortunately)Some of them were unknown to me.Maybe Carl or others might know more.

March Sindee Richards (Penny Davis)

March Ann Williams out (Maggie)

June Jacqueline Bertell ?

May Harry Packwood (Mike)

August Morgen Stone (Keith)

April

Conrad Roberts (Dr Simon Harris)

September Peter Burnell (Mike)

June Jim Shannon

August Mel Winkler (?)

October Virginia Vestoff (Althea)

Ginger Gerlach (Julie)

March

Frances Sternhagen (?)

Robert Silvio (?)

October

Elizabeth Hubbard returns (Althea)

May Palmer Deane (Hank)

July Nancy Barrett (Kathy)

July Holly Peters (Kathy)

January

Julia Duffy (Penny)

Marie Thomas (

Michael Landrum (Mike)

July

Chuck Weiss becomes exec producer

May

Peggy Cass (Sweeny)

August

Carla Dragoni (MJ)

May

James Storm (Mike)

July

Doris Quinlan becomes exec producer

October

Ben Thomas (Jack)

November

Ashby Adams (Mike)

Amy Ingersoll (MJ)

• Members

It's a bit sad reading that last scan Carl, knowing how far off the rails TD would go after two of the stories featured in that synopsis, the grave robbery/plague and the Adrienne/aging story, were to take off the ground.

I never knew Phillip Manning and Matt butted heads at Hope Memorial, and it's interesting that TD took focus on Madison Trust, which I believe was a bank run by the Mannings?

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

Skimming thru Kathleen turner's book.She briefly mentions TD.She says that the character initially made no sense to her as each script seemed to portray a different character.She says the only way to make sense of it was to have Nola be a drunk.She took the suggestion to the producers and they went with it.

When the producer (Chuck Weiss?) departed Turner saw it as her chance to leave 18 months into a 2 year contract.The producers said no and they would take her to court.Turner responded that it would mean the character would be in limbo while things were resolved and she had made Nola popular.They relented and she got out.

She states that soap acting could be dangerous as you have to go with your first acting choice rather than dig deeper.However,she said it was good training for TV.

• Members

A Christmas gift from saynotoursoap. The last episode of The Doctors.

videos gone

I was a little confused as what they were setting up after Nancy and Jeff married (was he starting to realize he didn't actually know her that well since he spent a lot of time with Felicia pretending to be Nancy?). Overall I think they did a nice job of leaving a few stories open ended while giving most of the characters closure. The scenes with Maggie and Matt were beautiful - it sucks that a show with such vibrant middle-aged characters had to end - the only other soap where the characters were still so strong after years and years would be the Bob/Kim/John/Lisa set on ATWT, IMO.

Edited by DRW50