The Doctors

• Members

This is a Feb 13 reply from Watch The Doctors about the 1980s episodes.

“We appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, but we are not prepared to share an update until we have verified dates in place. Everyone is emotionally invested in the show and we don't want to risk giving an update and then having that information change to everyone's disappointment.”

Apparently,they are still ingesting and digitizing,but back in November,44 episodes from Jan-Feb 1980 showed up briefly in a hidden section of the subscription site (I found it searching for something else),but they removed them a few days later

Please register in order to view this content

Then a month later, 9 episodes from March-April 1980 surfaced briefly (got to see a few eps of Gracie Harrison as Greta)

I assume that they were testing out the files they already had finished. Hopefully by this spring?? They haven’t posted any new updates since their Aug posting. Will keep you updated if I find anything else!! https://www.facebook.com/101296511536730/posts/460790598920651/

Edited by Chuck1970
Added more info

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

New update about the 1980s episodes in a reply to Rich Bilek's comment in a recent post.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5561033490591923&id=608912415804080
They are still digitizing and captioning the episodes. 
That's IMO a positive sign, since they didn't mention anything about the captioning in a previous reply.
I'm thinking they are waiting until everything through Dec 31,1982 is completed.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Chuck1970
Accidentally sent post before I was finished post

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I just signed up to the website It's Really Good TV to watch The Doctors. I was under the impression that they had all the episodes that have run on Retro TV. I was really disappointed to discover that they don't. There are quite a number of missing episodes for many of the years. From June 1968 for example, there are 4 episodes missing from the last week, 2 episodes from the week before. I really hope they can correct this and add all the episodes!! 

The episodes from the late 60s look amazing; colorful, clear, and vibrant! The ones from the mid to late 70s, in comparison, look dull, muddy, washed out. I wonder what happened; did the producers change their video stock? 

• Members

Jan 87

BURNELL SITTERLY, 44, actor who starred as Dr. Mike Powers on the soap opera The Doctors in the 1970s, killed himself in a friend's home, police said. The body of Sitterly was found Monday hanging off an interior balcony in the living room with the rope tied to an upstairs door knot). He was depressed about his acting career and had spent the past few weeks visiting friends in Cape Cod, New York and Chicago, said Gerald Mast, in whose home the actor's body was found.

Sitterly was having difficulty finding serious roles and was searching for "people interested in the art of theater," Mast said. Sitterly apparently killed himself after an interview at the Northlight Repertory Theater In north suburban Evanston. Sitterly began his acting career in a Chicago hotel lounge in 1965 and later appeared in In Praise of Love on Broadway with Rex Harrison and Julie Harris. He appeared on The Doctors from 1970 to 1976.