The Doctors

MichaelGL

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
6 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

She did. It's pretty remarkable that not only was the role of Nola successfully cast three times, but all three actresses went on to show biz success after TD.

Yep, TD did a great job in casting that character.  

• Members
10 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

Yep, TD did a great job in casting that character.  

I think it helped that her characterization was fairly steady. Sara was all over the map, which is why I think they cut their losses after Dorothy Fielding chose to leave rather than try for Sara #3.

• Members
7 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

I think it helped that her characterization was fairly steady. Sara was all over the map, which is why I think they cut their losses after Dorothy Fielding chose to leave rather than try for Sara #3.

Well, you know how I feel about Sarah.   I was happy they moved on from her.

• Members
2 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

Well, you know how I feel about Sarah.   I was happy they moved on from her.

I don't think you ever disliked her more when she recorded that stupid tape message to Colin!! Alas, after all that trouble, he never heard the tape or even knew it existed.

• Members
51 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

I don't think you ever disliked her more when she recorded that stupid tape message to Colin!! Alas, after all that trouble, he never heard the tape or even knew it existed.

I enjoyed when she collapsed in the elevator and the door kept hitting her!  

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by jam6242

• Members
1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

Carolee Campbell in 'This Is My Son' in 1977. Was it an Afternoon tv special? Can't find anything about it.

This seems to be the only acting  Carolee did after leaving The Doctors.

w.jpg

Seems like it was a tv-movie about having a down's syndrome baby. It won a "Outstanding Individual Achievement in Religious Programming" at the Daytime Emmy's in 1978, so take of that from what you will.

• Members
8 hours ago, te. said:

It won a "Outstanding Individual Achievement in Religious Programming" at the Daytime Emmy's in 1978, so take of that from what you will.

Carolee Campbell herself won an Emmy in that category for this movie. I think she appeared in one more play (with David O'Brien, no less) and that was it for her show biz career.

• Members

@Paul RavenCarolee's movie was a Sunday afternoon special and, as was mentioned above, it was about the baby having Down syndrome.

Please register in order to view this content

Althea finally having a showdown with her 13-year old brat, Penny.  From the May 14, 1969, episode.

• Members
6 hours ago, jam6242 said:

Althea finally having a showdown with her 13-year old brat, Penny.  From the May 14, 1969, episode.

That was an awesome scene. Jami Fields was one of the best juvenile performers the show ever had. Not only could she play all facets of Penny believably, but she was able to hold her own with both Liz Hubbard and Gerald Gordon. That's talent.

• Members
1 minute ago, amybrickwallace said:

That was an awesome scene. Jami Fields was one of the best juvenile performers the show ever had. Not only could she play all facets of Penny believably, but she was able to hold her own with both Liz Hubbard and Gerald Gordon. That's talent.

She's really good because she makes me loathe Penny, lol!