The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

re lois smith: one of my favorite actresses. check her out in  in the wigs series ‘ruth and erica.’

can’t remember where i read it, so i don’t remember the details. but lois smith wasn’t available, so eileen fulton was cast as ‘world turns’ lisa. hard to imagine how that role would have evolved had smith been cast. 

Edited by wonderwoman1951

• Members

Lois Smith did a lot of good work on the show, but I think she was caught up in multiple writer changes as well as an influx of other new characters (and plenty of them came in at that time). Still, she managed to transcend what was on the written page and got a happy ending of sorts (Eleanor left town to become a world traveler). Then she went on to bigger and better roles.

• Members

Eleanor could have been tied more to the hospital..as a board member, doing hospital drives,  etc.  

I often wonder if she was meant to be written off by Depriest, but kept on when Marland took over? Her story seemed done and then the writer switch happened..and.poof she was back and starting the Luke story.