The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The e-mail does say all available episodes will be there on demand.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that the issues with WTD had more to do with human choices and not so much the platform's performance. The delay of the final years' episodes due the pandemic, the lack of expansion with the originally promised features, the mislabeled episode dates, likely lacking in hoped-for number of subscribers....I think they overestimated the audience that would pay for it. Drawing an audience watching a classic soap on a channel for free vs. paying even a small fee to essentially binge one show (and partake of the other features that didn't come to be), plus when people finish the series they likely wouldn't renew...they probably should have done originally what they're doing now. I don't know how interactive or community-involved the site will be or whether it will be essentially just a collection of streams and on-demand content. It keeps feeling like they want to aim high but the result doesn't quite make it.

• Members

Even the potential appeal/value of cast interviews on the app has diminished with Locher's interviews available for free on youtube.

I appreciate what they did in the first place just by offering the show on demand. It just seems they keep doing things sort of half-baked, things left unfinished or neglected, including the general Retro TV site itself. It just makes me confused about how committed and capable they are.