The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wish these chats weren't always on Fridays when I'm working!! Still, they are fun to come home to and watch. I just wish Jennifer Crutchfield from Luken/Retro TV would moderate these chats. At least she knows the show inside and out and would ask cohesive questions. 

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

It was after 3 pm eastern, so over an hour, and the chat is supposed to be only that long. And since Alan didn't have anything to announce it did end awkwardly, he could have thanked everyone for coming and said due to the time we can end.

Please register in order to view this content

Jada and Liz were both friends with David, but their relationships and perceptions were very different. I think if Liz didn't know David was in therapy for years that she'd be stunned. Kind of a big thing to hear about someone you worked with for decades, and never knew that about them. And perhaps Liz was surprised Jada was so candid, but I appreciated that. From some statements read elsewhere it sounded like David was from the midwest, and Irish Catholic and born in the 1930s. Thinking about that, I could absolutely understand why, as his life would have been so much easier if he was straight or had been willing/able to have a sham of a relationship to pass like a good amount of people in the business (and in general) did decades ago.  You can find happiness, or even come to terms in many ways with ones issues, but doesn't mean that you can't have some bouts of self-doubt or wonder what if. 

ETA: Monika I agree with you, I wish Jennifer could be helping at least to ask the questions if she didn't want to be on screen during the chat, as she does know the stories and the actors for the years that RTV has aired the show. And the Friday thing, I used PTO to watch this afternoon, so I get what you mean. 

Edited by ~bl~

• Members

I’m not sure why Frank Telfer was included for a second time. Really, no one new was available?

Meanwhile, I was terrified that Martha Byrne would pop up and suggest that she play Penny to Liz’s Althea in some sort of reboot. 

I think Liz likes being the center of attention.  However, I could listen to Jada’s stories for a full hour, just her. SECRET STORM.  ATWT.  I’ve always wanted to know more about her career. 

• Members

Agreed. One of the actors who played her dad on TSS and who played Frank's dad on TD were one and the same - Larry Weber. I wanted to hear their memories of him as well. 

The (pre-Retro) actress who played Penny that Liz referenced was Sindee Ann Richards, who became a real-life doctor:

https://people.com/archive/lookout-vol-17-no-8/?fbclid=IwAR3jkmvAN4jmPh1Ey8IX2eqkOE6fttv-PM3nFE-0R5ovIWayaP8EFPFVr8o

• Members

At least he stopped plugging Ozark.

Sometimes a moderator needs to step back and not interrupt when someone is telling a story.  

Imagine if bully Kim Z had been there..she and Liz would have hogged the whole hour..when Jada and Marie both had a lot to say.

In the last panel, Anna S facial expressilms said everything especially when Nancy S was telling about her crazy plotline in 1982