MichaelGL

The Doctors

On 4/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, jam6242 said:

Retro put the "Where Are They Now," special on Vimeo.  Supposed to be more to come later.

https://vimeo.com/410663920

Kim Zimmer: "I'm basically retired now."

Khan: "Gurl, please.  If you're retired, then I'm white."

On 5/1/2020 at 1:20 PM, victoria foxton said:

Yay, they added episodes that they actually already have uploaded and ready to go on the website (along with the rest of the 70s). I just really need them to get on my smart TV so that I can avoid wiring or casting from my laptop.

On 5/2/2020 at 10:26 PM, All My Shadows said:

Yay, they added episodes that they actually already have uploaded and ready to go on the website (along with the rest of the 70s). I just really need them to get on my smart TV so that I can avoid wiring or casting from my laptop.

Have you thought about getting a Roku? They have the channel on there. 

On 4/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, jam6242 said:

They're supposed to be airing the very first episode from 1963 on that day too.

Hello,

I am new to the Doctors and have recently found this thread. I just binged the episodes of the Doctors on YouTube, so I am interested I  finding episodes before December 1967. So, my question is who is supposed to be airing episodes from 1963, and where can I find them.

On 5/13/2020 at 7:26 PM, Hunnibunni1025004 said:

Hello,

I am new to the Doctors and have recently found this thread. I just binged the episodes of the Doctors on YouTube, so I am interested I  finding episodes before December 1967. So, my question is who is supposed to be airing episodes from 1963, and where can I find them.

I think the pandemic put the brakes on a lot of things for the company Reach High Media, like being able to digitize the rest of the episodes from 1979-onward. For instance, they mentioned all this extra content (earlier episodes, trivia contests, message board, I think) that the website and/or apps were supposed to have and that's not there yet. I also get the impression that there's still trial and error as they're building these platforms, that things don't always happen smoothly on the first try, like when they tried to show the "Where Are They Now?" show as a Facebook watch party and it didn't work.

Edited by applcin

On 4/25/2020 at 1:58 PM, DRW50 said:

"We put the DILF in Doctors, this summer on NBC!"

😂😂😂😂😂

On 4/15/2020 at 3:41 PM, teplin said:

That was the first time I'd seen Valerie Mahaffey ... she's probably better known for comedy these days but I remember being very impressed with her dramatic turn on The Doctors. I can't remember any story specifics, but I believe she played a neurotic, almost Glass Menagerie-like character, and was very effective. 

Yup - and it's a treat seeing her now as the English teacher on Young Sheldon.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:23 PM, RavenWhitney said:

Interesting. I think she and Cherrill will be gone from credits soon. I know Levin started writing scripts for SFT in spring 1980 when the Corringtons were replaced by Linda Grover/John Porterfield as head writers.  

Levin (and Cherrill as well) was also amongst the writers Grover had as HW of TD.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:33 AM, applcin said:

I think the pandemic put the brakes on a lot of things for the company Reach High Media, like being able to digitize the rest of the episodes from 1979-onward. For instance, they mentioned all this extra content (earlier episodes, trivia contests, message board, I think) that the website and/or apps were supposed to have and that's not there yet. I also get the impression that there's still trial and error as they're building these platforms, that things don't always happen smoothly on the first try, like when they tried to show the "Where Are They Now?" show as a Facebook watch party and it didn't work.

Thank you for your response. I will wait patiently, hoping that the earlier episodes will be uploaded.

Who did Julie Mannix play on TD circa 1966?  She was 21 in real life but looked younger. 

She probably wasn’t on for more than a few months. She went on to play Wendy on THE SECRET STORM (22 playing 16) and April on THE BEST OF EVERYTHING. 

She mentions being cast on TD in her memoir, SECRET STORMS, a fascinating read. 

1E7E2974-9345-4EE1-A3A3-B62E19958957.jpeg

Just now, amybrickwallace said:

@antmunoz I read her book a few years ago, and it's definitely worth reading. I was surprised that she is the mother of Danielle Von Zerneck (GHLa Bamba).

Yes, it’s a great book. I just skimmed it again and thought I’d ask about her role on TD. 

I was never a fan of Danielle!  Sorry!