The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Speaking of Ralph Ellis and Eugenie Hunt. They were prolific (and well respected) soap writers and not only served as headwriters of TD but at SFT twice and other shows. Both were also hired as breakdown writers, script writers and story consultants on various shows.  Eugenie died a few years ago.  

https://www.theridgefieldpress.com/past_obituaries/article/Obituary-Gene-H-Ellis-82-actress-and-writer-14003844.php

Edited by RavenWhitney

• Members

The latest from Retro.  The good news is the recent cast interviews will be shown later this month.  The bad news is they're going to have to stop airing the 1979 episodes temporarily (and will re-air the 1967 episodes).

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That was the first time I'd seen Valerie Mahaffey ... she's probably better known for comedy these days but I remember being very impressed with her dramatic turn on The Doctors. I can't remember any story specifics, but I believe she played a neurotic, almost Glass Menagerie-like character, and was very effective. 

Due to COVID-19/Coronavirus. The Doctors will stop airing current episodes from 79-80. They will start with 1967's episodes. In about a week. Due to the lockdown they can't go to the warehouse where the tapes are stored. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton