The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

FYI.  Not sure this will be the 1979 epis that have currently been airing on Retro.  A few days ago they had tried to back away from their earlier statement that they were going to livestream.  This is a different time than the tv broadcast usually airs.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It’s very basic right now.  I want to see the interviews too.  I think they tried doing too much at once.  At least the free streaming worked today, and it was the same episode that aired on Retro.  Also hope that it will be available on-demand because the time for the live-stream isn’t convenient for most people.

• Members

I've found the the second week starting Dec 11th works just fine so I've started from there. I'm really getting hooked from the start. It's so fantastic watching Elizabeth Hubbard in a role different from Lucinda. The storyline of Althea being pregnant with Nick's baby when he's supposed to marry Liz is a classic soap trope that it's easy to get invested in and understand. Having both the German Doctor and (the guy who played Another World's Sin Stalker) both being new to the hospital at this point of the show makes for lots of great introductions to established characters from a new audience members' point of view. Looking forward to watching more of this show during the week. So incredibly grateful that we have this streaming service and I hope other soaps follow somehow. 

(I know that it's easy for The Doctors because it was canceled in 1982 which is when royalties need to start being paid to actors for their work. Anything before '82 doesn't come with that stipulation. Same reason SoapNet showed Ryan's Hope from '75-'81 only.)

Edited by adrnyc

• Members

FYI, if you're subscribed to watchthedoctors.com, you can find the 70s episodes by searching for the year, e.g., /70, /71 . . .  Click on Trending or Popular before the search.  They've uploaded to August 1979, which is just a few months behind what is airing on Retro TV.