MichaelGL

The Doctors

I pretty much can't stand Nola now. Her behavior to get money was not justified, so if that was Kathleen Turner's goal to hate Nola than great job.

TV Guide summaries Week beginning Nov 23 1964

Mon - Chaplain Schaffer offers advice to Steve regarding Judy

Tues - Maggie makes holiday plans

Wed - Matt sees Valerie Shaw as an answer to his loneliness

Thurs - Pre-empted for Football

Fri - Maggie learns the truth about Kurt from Matt

1 hour ago, jam6242 said:

Noon - 1, Eastern Time.

26 minutes ago, VanessaReardon said:

It also airs from 3-5 on Saturdays and 1-3 on Sundays. I’m hooked. 

Thanks. I figured that was still the weekday time but wasn't sure if it still aired on the weekends. Are the weekend airings from earlier in the run (I seem to remember that they started those back in 1967 when the weekday episodes were in the early 70s).

Edited by All My Shadows

4 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

Thanks. I figured that was still the weekday time but wasn't sure if it still aired on the weekends. Are the weekend airings from earlier in the run (I seem to remember that they started those back in 1967 when the weekday episodes were in the early 70s).

The weekend episodes are from earlier seasons.  Not positive but I believe the Saturday episodes are a different year than the Sunday episodes.

Update from the Retro rep.  She also said she would be interviewing the following actors today for the behind-the-scenes material and promos:

Jada Rowland, Liz Hubbard, Kim Zimmer, Jennifer Houlton, Richard Niles, Anna Stuart, Marie Foster, Thor Fields, Count Stovall, Eileen Kearney, Brian McKeon and Patricia Hayling.

Screenshot_2020-01-13 The Doctors daytime soap 1963-1982.png

30 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

Update from the Retro rep.  She also said she would be interviewing the following actors today for the behind-the-scenes material and promos:

Jada Rowland, Liz Hubbard, Kim Zimmer, Jennifer Houlton, Richard Niles, Anna Stuart, Marie Foster, Thor Fields, Count Stovall, Eileen Kearney, Brian McKeon and Patricia Hayling.

Screenshot_2020-01-13 The Doctors daytime soap 1963-1982.png

So awesome they're doing this.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

I'd love to see Retro expand their soaps with at least Edge of Night and Another World but The Doctors finally being rerun is amazing itself so I'm grateful to them for that.

According to Thor Fields (Erich Aldrich, 1977-1980), the actors were interviewed both individually and as a group. He said a wonderful time was had by all!! ☺

Jennifer Crutchfield has also reached out to several cast members who are located in LA (the group she interviewed yesterday are still based in/around NYC). We may have more interviews to look forward to - who knows? 😎

Awww that's cool. Then again they could do a skype and air it if that was the only way and I would be fine with that. :)