MichaelGL

The Doctors

Imagine if Jim Reilly had been a HW on THE DOCTORS.

*shudder*

As much as I hated what I saw of the Pollocks' work, he would've made those two look like the Dobsons by comparison.

Edited by Khan

Thank goodness JER never got near TD. What a scary thought.

Glenn Corbett made a short-lived return to the show around late May/early June 1979, which should be coming up very soon in the rerun cycle. He returned to TD full-time the following summer.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:08 PM, chrisml said:

Have there been further details of the streaming service that will be showing The Doctors?

The rep from Retro TV posted this elsewhere today.

11C0EE9B-EFEA-4D31-8B6F-E6A327274F3E.jpeg

23 hours ago, jam6242 said:

The rep from Retro TV posted this elsewhere today.

11C0EE9B-EFEA-4D31-8B6F-E6A327274F3E.jpeg

That's wonderful news. I really admire Retro's dedication to TD, a classic soap and an "obscure" one at that. I wish other outlets would follow suit.

I can't wait for them to finally announce the timeline for this! This is the most exciting soap news in ages. I just hope when they announce it that there isn't a long wait between the announcement and launch. I don't care what the cost I'm ready for them to take my money lol. 

As someone who remembers the rumors back in 2003-2004ish about the Hallmark Channel picking up "The Doctors" reruns from the 70s, it's still so hard to believe this show has been so successful at getting a second life all these years later.

I wonder if their livestream will eventually make it to Pluto TV.

Barbara Morgenroth & Leonard Kantnor were the 2 final writers. They were given very oddball scripts to work on. I knew Barbara in the soap opera newsgroup RATS. She was very vocal, open, etc. She was an orthodox Jew. She was very political. She was against Bill Clinton and his having fans in Mogidishu & helicopters there.

On 7/12/2008 at 2:57 AM, Paul Raven said:

Just now, Donna B said:

Barbara Morgenroth & Leonard Kantnor were the 2 final writers. They were given very oddball scripts to work on. I knew Barbara in the soap opera newsgroup RATS. She was very vocal, open, etc. She was an orthodox Jew. She was very political. She was against Bill Clinton and his having fans in Mogidishu & helicopters there.

They had some poisoning going on. They now have "retro TV" covering some of it.

On 12/26/2019 at 12:13 PM, Khan said:

Imagine if Jim Reilly had been a HW on THE DOCTORS.

*shudder*

As much as I hated what I saw of the Pollocks' work, he would've made those two look like the Dobsons by comparison.

Oh, Imagine!

19 hours ago, Donna B said:

They had some poisoning going on. They now have "retro TV" covering some of it.

Oh, Imagine!

I can absolutely see JER(eilly) doing writing on "The Doctors". My favorite people were Althea & Gerald Gordon. He bellowed her name - always.

Kim Zimmer had a particularly strong family unit, years in New Jersey, she was the lead in multiple shows, her husband A.C. was a strong Director, almost always employed, and now they have the youngest, Jake, who is very talented!

For years there was a story that Bridget and JFP went up against each other, where Bridget was against Anne Howard Bailey (HW) & SB & NBC were against each other & NBC had locked Bridget out of the studio, ... Supposedly Bridget & JFP had a knock-down fall-out fight, ... But, in reality there was no "battle". Bridget just got to the podium first & made a gracious speech, while JFP looked like she had a miserable expression on her face.

Just a reminder to the mentally ill woman trying to sabotage every thread: This is The Doctors discussion thread. Now that Nola has given birth on the Retro TV episodes, what’ll happen? I’m so into The Doctors and can’t wait for the app! 

Edited by VanessaReardon