MichaelGL

The Doctors

Some followups to that article

Pamela and Darryl divorced in 1982 and their son Justin committed suicide in 1985.

Thor Fields is now 51 and a musician .He has website.

Here's what he says about TD

As a young boy of the age 8-11, my daily routine included getting a script at 8am, running lines with the cast, rehearsing at the Rockefeller Center and shooting the program in Studio 3B. The cast and crew were so generous and gracious. They always made me feel right at home. I had no idea how extraordinary this experience was at the time and I am forever grateful to those who showed me so much love.

On 7/12/2008 at 2:57 AM, Paul Raven said:

The Doctors final weeks from SOD summary

Billy has been murdered.Phillip tells Paul that Felicia Hnt has been impersonating her daughter Adrienne,Paul goes to arest Felicia ,but she has vanished.

Felicia has aged and begs Jean Marc to give her more serumbut h says it's too late.Felicia vows that Jeff will not marry Adrienne and rushes to tell him the awful truth-that it was she he came t love.

Before she can sa anything,Jeff welcomes her to Madion an tells her how much adrienne means to him.Felicia realises Jeff will never be hers.

So Adrienne an Jeff are married.Paul arrests Felicia for the murder of Billy Aldrich.

Paul arrives home to find Natakie holding a pair of black shoes. She tells him she remember seeing those shoes run by her the night of Billy's murder.Paul isBilly's other killer!

Adrienne declares her love for Jeff at the New Year's Eve reception.She says she's loved him since she was a little girl and knew they would be together.Jeff believes her,not knowing he fell in love with her mother.

Luke tells Julia he's not sure about them.Maybe Natalie is the one for him after all.

Danny tells Kit that Robin may come back to Madison.Mike and Kit make it clear to all they're in love.

With Felicia exposed,Jean Marc drops his plan to experiment on Althea.

Ivy leaves Madison to try her luck in New York.

Steve and Carolee take stc of a dismal year - his illness and Mona and Billy's deaths.Both believe the worst is over.

Matt and Maggi agree to remarry.

Barbara Morgenroth and Leonard Kantor were the final writers.

Gerald Straub was the exec producer.

In the 90s I got to know Barbara Morgenroth. She was another one of the honchos who spent time in RATS & the various soap forums on, like, AOL, Delphi and Prodigy. A friend of mine and I ran the one on Delphi. Unlike Tom Petitjean, Barbara didn't bother with a pseudonym.  Same thing with Michael Kape, 1/3 of "Soap Opera Now" (Don & Joanna being the other 2/3s), he came to all our chats & he never bothered with a pseudonym either. Barbara was a wild woman! She was full of ideas, very political, but an Orthodox Jew, all at the same time.

Kim Zimmer told an anecdote about Alec Baldwin in her book. Apparently a whole slew of the women his age caught a glimpse of him when he was there to audition, They all went running in to say, "Hire HIM!"

1 hour ago, Khan said:

"David [O'Brien] is a bachelor, but he's housebroken!"

WTF?!

David O'Brien who played The Sin Stalker on AW under Margaret DePriest's first serial killer story?

Barbara Morgenroth Image

image.png

15 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Some followups to that article

Pamela and Darryl divorced in 1982 and their son Justin committed suicide in 1985.

Thor Fields is now 51 and a musician .He has website.

Here's what he says about TD

As a young boy of the age 8-11, my daily routine included getting a script at 8am, running lines with the cast, rehearsing at the Rockefeller Center and shooting the program in Studio 3B. The cast and crew were so generous and gracious. They always made me feel right at home. I had no idea how extraordinary this experience was at the time and I am forever grateful to those who showed me so much love.

Also:

Jennifer Houlton became a writer, and has also directed and produced several short films. Frank Telfer was one of Jay Leno's stock performers on The Tonight Show for many years, appearing in many sketches as various politicians. Jada Rowland became a full-time painter and children's book illustrator. 

17 minutes ago, RavenWhitney said:

What was Tom Petitjean's soap pyseudonym ?

God, I wish I knew. I cannot remember. I'm totally blank & I cannot find anyone else who remembers either. I emailed with him & talked to him on the  phone literally daily. All I can say is that it was something clever that was 2 words where each word began with an R. You know, like Roger Ramjet, or the like. If anyone remembers I'm begging for what it was!

Kathleen Turner is really coming into her own at this point in the reruns. She wasn't really a terrific actress yet, but she definitely had that IT factor. She had that special something that made her a huge film star just a couple of years later.

The Doctors - Sep 15 1978 - snapshot35~2.jpg

Monika this is great, congrats on the response. Good job on the screen grabs.

4 hours ago, ~bl~ said:

Monika this is great, congrats on the response. Good job on the screen grabs.

Thank you...it's always nice to hear back from the people on the show, and especially to hear that they enjoyed their time on the show. I knew girls in high school who were similar in looks and personality to Jane's character, Kim.

Here's Meg Mundy (Mona Croft) in the 1979 film adaptation of Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar. She is only in this one scene, and the movie filmed in NYC and NJ, so she probably didn't have to take any time off from the show.

belle2~2.jpg