MichaelGL

The Doctors

On 1/18/2018 at 8:35 AM, amybrickwallace said:

I've had contact with Barbara Morgenroth, who was the final HW of TD. She said that morale was extremely low and that cancellation was basically inevitable when she came in, despite the ideas she had to try to turn things around. The silly plots in those final months were network mandates. On a more positive note, she declared Lydia Bruce (Maggie) as "the sweetest woman at 30 Rock".

I "met" Barbara Morgenroth online at RATSm back in the day, and, boy, oh, boy, she was a wild one! They had written odd ball soap stuff. She was very political. But, she was also a devout Jew.

Edited by Donna B
I left out important details.

She blamed Bill Clinton for the loss of life and equipment (helicopters) in Mogadishu; she blamed him for the World Trade Center Attack Sept. 11, 2001; she was fixated on the people who had jumped out of the WTC to their deaths. Besides trying to be a writer, she was trying to run a working farm and was overcome.

Annoyingly, The Doctors is  now only running cast credits showing contract and recurring players - no dayplayers or U/5's are being credited.

Soaphopper Jo Henderson recently appeared as an accident victim, but unless someone recognizes an actor, they remain unknown.

Luckily, Mark Thomas Faulkner is the one that updates the imdb page. He has an eye for faces!

23 minutes ago, Paul Raven said:

Annoyingly, The Doctors is  now only running cast credits showing contract and recurring players - no dayplayers or U/5's are being credited.

Soaphopper Jo Henderson recently appeared as an accident victim, but unless someone recognizes an actor, they remain unknown.

Jam brought her to my attention, She's on my next updates list!

Thanks goes to BetterForgotten on the Y&R October thread, but Alec Baldwin (Billy) did a podcast episode with Peter Bergman (Jack on Y&R).

The audio is about an hour. https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/heresthething/episodes/peter-bergman-king-soaps

Alec couldn't help himself and spoke a bit about The Doctors with some spoilerish material. One non-spoiler related item was how he referenced Jim Pritchett (Matt) he said he looked like Burt Reynolds' Dad with the mustache. 

Thanks for posting.

That article established that Phillip English is Australian. I was unsure because of his accent. To me,it sounded more like a South African trying to imitate an Australian accent. Love how they always ask the men to pass judgement on women's behavior and attitudes.

As for him being suave and sexy....

Funny the Jane Badler interview being on the same page as she ended up on TD and then moved to Australia.

"Don't Tie This Kangaroo Down"?  Because, he's Australian!  Get it?  GET IT?

My unborn self (who wouldn't be out of the oven until that June) is retroactively offended by that headline.

Edited by Khan

3 hours ago, Khan said:

"Don't Tie This Kangaroo Down"?  Because, he's Australian!  Get it?  GET IT?

My unborn self (who wouldn't be out of the oven until that June) is retroactively offended by that headline.

Don't forget "will his career boomerang on him?" GROAN.