The Doctors

• Members

That was time when NBC (Fred Silverman) were ordering shows and throwing them on the air seemingly at random.

There were almost weekly schedule changes.Nothing from that time was a hit.Think Supertrain,Harris&C0, Cliffhangers,Little Women,Turnabout,etc

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Gerald Gordon seemed determined to have primetime success.He mentions his ambitions in several interviews.The best he could muster was that killer ant movie on ABC and that flop sitcom...Wonder how he dealt with that?

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

That ant movie was so ridiculous - but then that was when everybody wanted to be another Irwin Allen. LOL GG did do a number of primetime gigs through the 80s into the early 90s - Knight Rider, One Day at a Time, Highway to Heaven, Baywatch, Perfect Strangers, The Hogan Family, L&O - but those were episodics, not a star-making vehicle. The actress playing his daughter on Baywatch was played by a young virtual unknown named Mariska Hargitay.

• Members

Haven't watched in a couple of weeks because I've been catching up on my other backlogged shows, lol. I've watched through Feb. 69. But I did tape and tonight watched GG's episode of Knight Rider. It was hard to get Nick Bellini out of my head, though! biggrin.png Add to it that Michael Fairman was on it, and I was thinking of his RH character, Nick Szabo!

Edited by applcin

• Members

I DVR'ed the Knight Rider episode myself. Did you record it off Cozi TV, too? There were two other soap names in that episode - Catherine Mary Stewart (Kayla Brady #1, DAYS) playing GG's daughter, and off course the Hoff himself, a Y&R alum. Michael Fairman was on Y&R himself a few years ago - but then, what show HASN'T he been on? Ever seen his imdb page? Wow!!!

Check your PMs because there's something I think you'd like to see. Always fun to hear your thoughts.

• Members

So all of the elements were in place at GH.Popular actor that TPTB were behind,major storyline,playing a similar character to the one that brought him success,yet Mark Dante didn't have anywhere the same impact of Nick Bellini.

Maybe it was lacklustre co-stars,poorer writing and the fact that Mark just reminded viewers of Nick and didn't measure up ...