The Doctors

• Members

I don't like the thing with Mike, either (especially with the annoying sax music) - but like the others, I like Nancy when she is working with her patients, consulting with the other members of the staff, and when she was working with Anna. Actually, Nancy Donohue to me looked like Anne Bancroft - and The Graduate still would have been a pretty popular movie back then.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I sent a message to SFM Entertainment, which is the distributor for "The Doctors,' telling them I was enjoying the show and asking about possible DVD release, including the episodes that we haven't seen. The response was very positive (I had mentioned that fans had been in contact with various cast members via social media so that's why he asked me for contact information).

Jane:

Thank you for your most articulate and complimentary note. We are so pleased that you are enjoying "THE DOCTORS", as it took a great deal of time, efforts and persistence to return this iconic series to television. The outpouring of favorable audience reaction has been remarkable. You help to make all our efforts worthwhile. I have shared it with the people at RetroTV, who,also, saw the merits of returning this iconic series to today's television audience.

Yes, there are plans to issue these shows on DVD and, once that is put in place, we would plan on adding some of the materials you refer to in your note. That will include earlier episodes and interviews, provided we can locate the 'still living' talent. If you have some contact information from various cast members, please forward to me here at SFM.

Stay tuned!

All the best.

Stanley
Moger
President
SFM Entertainment LLC

• Members

They didn't specifically say anything about future episodes on Retro TV but I did let them know I was enjoying the show on Retro. I had sent an e-mail to Retro last week but received a canned response that others have also received.

• Members

They sound very committed to the show and very pleased with the viewership. That's good to hear, especially since they have a smaller number of affiliates than some of the other classic tv stations.

Edited by applcin

• Members

Question: Is anyone able to find Liz Hubbard's Brim coffee commercial circa 1981? Carl posted an AMC episode that had that commercial in it (on page 90 of this thread) but it has since been taken off YT, dagnabit!!! I'd love to see it again if anyone can find it - I've tried and so far have come up empty. Thanks!!