The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Seems like a lot of NY soap actors did, many of them closeted or semi-closeted. I'd be interested in seeing Briscoe's work in it, as he was such an odd actor on Dark Shadows.

I have an article with someone I'm not sure has shown up yet

. Has she? I will when she does.

• Members

Yes, and of course, her mother Frances would start her own role of a lifetime less than a year later - playing Mona Kane for nearly a quarter of a century on AMC. Ironically, Frances Heflin and Liz Hubbard both appeared on Broadway in The Physicists shortly after LH began playing Althea on TD.

Sadly, Marta Heflin is yet another cast member no longer with us. She passed in September 2013 at the age of 68:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/arts/marta-heflin-actor-dies-at-68-waif-seen-in-altman-films.html?_r=0

• Members

C.C. Courtney (Jody Lee) sang one of his own songs during today's second episode---"If You Let Me Make Love to You (Then Why Can't I Touch You)," which was a hit for Ronnie Dyson in the early 70s. The song was in an off-Broadway musical called "Salvation," which he wrote with Peter Link, who played Tom Hughes on "As the World Turns." Here's an interview with the two of them.

05bbf2e9-fe06-444c-b7fe-f20d4436fe28_zpsc0c70785-0032-487d-b6cd-256c44c917a5_zps8b215947-463a-4542-931e-9179dad37caa_zps

• Members

Those of you who have Cozi TV on your cable systems may want to set the DVR for Tuesday, May 26th. The Knight Rider episode entitled "Brother's Keeper" will air (originally aired 10/9/1983), and the guest star - in a very meaty role - was Gerald Gordon. It's actually double the pleasure for soap fans of that era because Catherine Mary Stewart (Kayla Brady #1 on DAYS) plays his daughter.

• Members

As I was looking for old tax records the other day, I came across some soap magazines that I had purchased at a shop in Provincetown a few years ago. They date back to 1973 and the early 80s. I'll go through them and scan stuff related to the good folks at Hope Memorial. I was leafing through the 1973 mag last night and saw photos of David O'Brien and Carolee Campbell, Palmer Deane, and Gerald Gordon, among others. We head back to P-Town in October, so hopefully they'll have some more of these rare finds!

• Members

robbwolff, Peter Burnell vacationed for many years at 581 Commercial Street in P-Town. The house was owned by his partner Gerry Mast. You should check it out when you are there. My husband and I may be in P-Town at the end of October/beginning of November. We vacation there every autumn when we can coordinate schedules. It is far more peaceful, and we enjoy driving down The Cape from Boston. If you and I are there at the same time and you have the time, perhaps we could meet for drinks or dinner. I might bring along some very rare soaps to watch!

• Members

Thanks for the Peter Burnell article, Carl. This is one I had not seen. Wow, does Peter look young in those photos! The one in which he's holding the book -he resembles a teenager. His youthful looks put him in good stead to play Mike Powers much younger than his age, just as Nancy Donohue plays much older with her hair up, even though only four years separates her and Burnell. Your efforts are appreciated, as always.

Edited by saynotoursoap