MichaelGL

The Doctors

3 minutes ago, ~bl~ said:

The sad thing about this situation is I'm more annoyed with RTV than the person who posted the link. RTV is not available in so many parts of the country, and they haven't done anything to fix that issue. And SFM who is owns the shows hasn't done anything to help and has actually hurt the audience. (Ironically the guy who did it is in charge of the DVD division, but they haven't had any official releases.)

The person who posted these three episodes is not going to be regularly posting. Please don't link directly as we don't want this person's channel to disappear either. That's how we lost the channels we did have. 

The last time TD was pulled was due to a fight on a Facebook group for TD. Things got nasty and someone tattled to RTV and everything was lost at that point. I'd be good with someone livestreaming from their system to whatever and then it being up for a day or two, and everyone has to join to watch (not on YouTube).

I didn't mean to let the cat of the bag, but just wanted to give a heads up. The two episodes from 1977 was so great and to see the climax of a plot that had been going on for nearly 2 years with Carolee/Steve/Ann. I hope we can get the rest of the run through December 1982. 

49 minutes ago, SoapDope said:

I didn't mean to let the cat of the bag, but just wanted to give a heads up. The two episodes from 1977 was so great and to see the climax of a plot that had been going on for nearly 2 years with Carolee/Steve/Ann. I hope we can get the rest of the run through December 1982. 

Thanks to the person who shared.  Hopefully something will continue.

Several weeks ago I discovered this site and The Doctors thread.  I wanted to finish reading the entire thread before posting which was when Retro TV was canceled in the Los Angeles area 😫  I'm still mad that Retro TV can't get their act together and find an outlet over the air in LA or even better be offered on Roku or one of the streaming apps.  I was so excited to come in today and see that someone--Thanks! 😍--had posted links to the end of the Ann Larimer story.  I just discovered that the person has posted the latest episode Oh Annie, Part 2 today.

Edited by dbklmt
Edited to embed the video

Steve and Ann's confrontation reminded me so much of Kelly and Nola's on GL.

Still, even if I know David O'Brien (and everyone else) gave their best, Geraldine Court, IMO, acted damned circles around them.  And that, ladies and gents, always has been one of my major issues with TD.  With the exception of Kathryn Harrold, Armand Assante, and later Alec Baldwin and Kathleen Turner, the acting level on this show just plain stinks.

Edited by Khan

FYI:

That was me who posted those episodes. Those were too good not to share, but I won't be posting anymore anytime soon. I've had my YouTube channels for many years and I don't want any serious infractions. 😊

1 hour ago, MontyB said:

FYI:

That was me who posted those episodes. Those were too good not to share, but I won't be posting anymore anytime soon. I've had my YouTube channels for many years and I don't want any serious infractions. 😊

Thank you for doing it!

Same here, MontyB.  Thanks so much for letting us see them.  I wish we could see all of the rest but, I certainly understand you, don't want any infractions.  

With all due respect, is it a good idea to be posting a link to the above video on this board? Since Retro is already aware that people are posting episodes on YouTube and DailyMotion, and is getting those channels shut down, isn't this putting MontyB's channel at risk of being shut down? Not trying to stir up trouble here. Just asking a legitimate question.

I'm sorry to hear that those channels are gone. To be honest I haven't watched past 1969 as I didn't care for where the show was heading and I mostly just watched with my mother, but I still liked that the episodes were around if I wanted to ever catch up. Oh well.

Hi all!  Hoping you guys can help me out with a couple questions...

First, I know that the weekday airings are from 1977, so what year are the current Saturday and Sunday eps from?

Also, does anyone know where the YouTube folks were getting their airdate info from?