MichaelGL

The Doctors

30 minutes ago, NothinButAttitude said:

Are Virginia and Mona starting to irk anyone else's nerves? Because they are irking mine after this last set of episodes. Ugh!

No, Jason is such a creep.... and I was proud of Nola for not wanting to be his side dish while he was married in name only to Doreen.  Virginia has always been a character to irk people, but I think she's supposed to.

@Khan I do think Marland was hired to slow the pace down and return the show to a more traditional element (someone shared an article on Twitter from summer 1976 where the viewers of the doctors were more conservative and didn't like the quickened pace.. and the more sexualized tone that Depriest brought to the show).  The problem was that Marland dragged the two stories out to where people stopped caring, and the two stories were fashioned to be faster paced.  He should have ended one of them in time for November, while getting some other stories on the fire.  

10 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

No, Jason is such a creep.... and I was proud of Nola for not wanting to be his side dish while he was married in name only to Doreen.  Virginia has always been a character to irk people, but I think she's supposed to.

I don't agree with Jason trying to poach Nola while married either; however, Virginia can't be all over Nola for liking Jason when she still latches onto Barney the bum. 

When it comes to Mona, I didn't like when she tried paying Carolee off into leaving Madison. Oh how I wish Marland would've allowed Carolee to rip Mona a new one. Does anyone ever rip her a new one?

58 minutes ago, NothinButAttitude said:

I don't agree with Jason trying to poach Nola while married either; however, Virginia can't be all over Nola for liking Jason when she still latches onto Barney the bum. 

When it comes to Mona, I didn't like when she tried paying Carolee off into leaving Madison. Oh how I wish Marland would've allowed Carolee to rip Mona a new one. Does anyone ever rip her a new one?

Carolee soon will go head to head with Mona. Their conflict in the show's later years, and Carolee standing up to Mona, is a real highlight.

5 hours ago, robbwolff said:

Carolee soon will go head to head with Mona. Their conflict in the show's later years, and Carolee standing up to Mona, is a real highlight.

Glad to hear. It unnerved me how Carolee allowed Mona to get away with that stunt she pulled yesterday.