The Doctors

• Members

I like Turner from the movies I have seen her do...but I am almost afraid she's going to be too dominant, too witchy...I just love Harrold's delivery style, it's a very nuanced, finely balanced performance she gives with each episode in which she appears. I am definitely interested in seeing how Zimmer does, since i'm so used to her as Reva and Echo.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

From the one episode available on youtube from 1979, Kathleen plays Nola as very cold and calculating so it will be interesting to see Kathleen's Nola starts to display a calculating tone in the future episodes.  I asked my mom once what she thought of Nola.. and she said that she was a fan of Zimmer until she joined GL explaining she wasn't so OTT as Nola nor Echo.

• Members

I loved finally seeing the episodes Geri (Geraldine) Court told me about, the ones where Steffi was in the hospital sick with rheumatic fever. She would have us rolling on the floor describing how the little girl playing Steffi was not the most patient when having to lie in bed for long periods of time, pretending to be unconscious. At one point during a take the kid volunteered the line "Steffi's not feeling too good!" and the alcohol-soaked towel on her forehead slid down to her mouth. Geri said she and David O'Brien (who at that point were watching her through an observation window) thought that was a hoot and a half and cracked up laughing. God bless Retro for finally giving me the opportunity to actually see it!

I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention this but Doug Marland did want Geri for Tracy Quartermaine on GH but Gloria Monty nixed the idea-she wanted Jane Elliot. Doug made up for it with GL, though.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Both actresses were friends of Marland's, and both were on GL at the same time. I think maybe the reason Geraldine Court wasn't on ATWT during Marland's tenure there is because she had already played a character on that show back in the early 70s. Jennifer Ryan had been recast and then killed off. Jennifer's daughter Barbara was front and center, however. Anyway, ATWT seldom brought performers back to play different roles.

• Members

She was on ATWT in 1989. She was Jennifer Hobart, a  widowed client of Grant Colman's from San Francisco that ended up being murdered.

As the World Turns often re-used actors. Nicholas Coster was both John Eldredge (his OPW character) in 1965 and Eduardo Grimaldi. Glynis O'Connor  was both Dee Stewart and Margo Hughes. Many actors were brought back in different roles over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow. They really sped up killing off Stacey. 

Please register in order to view this content

I thought it would've been more drawn out than what it was. But at least I feel we are getting closer to Ann being exposed, and Carolee finally returning to Madison. I just hope that she doesn't take Steve back so easily...

• Members

Doug Marland inherited 2 main stories

Joan Dancy/Matt

Carolee's disappearance

Both have continued way beyond necessity.

Matt's character has been trashed and Jada has spent months having flashbacks.

He admitted later he should have wrapped them up earlier.

Many months into his tenure and IMO not much has happened to reinvigorate the show.

• Members

I wish they had played them a little faster, and gotten to other stories. Or else have one run this long and the other end in November... I feel like watching these episodes we're seeing Marland make all the mistakes he tended not to do years later.