The Doctors

• Members

Wendy hangs around for a while after Scott departs (she is recast) Eleanor is vulnerable to Lew Dancy's charms as is Doreen Aldrich.

Noticed in the bed scenes b/w Mike and Toni that Armand Assante was showing off shoulder and above the ass hair, no way would that be happening with today's leading men.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Aldrich were never a huge family. Steve, Mona and Jason. Steve had Erich with Karen. Stephanie was Carolee's daughter with Steve. Jason had a step daughter Stacy from his marriage to Doreen. A daughter Jessica from Nola. I guess at some point Steve adopted Billy. By the end of the Doctors Erich was a college student. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

And toward the end, Steve got a half-brother and sister-in-law. I believe there were plans to introduce their children. Stephanie was also aged toward the end. Anne Rose Brooks played Stephanie in the final year after finishing up a stint as Diana Frame on Another World. Ian Ziering of 90210 and Sharknado fame portrayed Erich. Mark Andrews also played Erich after wrapping up his role as Chad Sutherland on The Edge of Night.

• Members

It is interesting to note that Carolee Campbell remains on the credits at least a good two plus weeks after she supposedly left the show.   I wonder if this was contractual or perhaps the show wanted to give the illusion she would be returning.

• Members

Carolee last aired in late February/early March 1976. According to someone who saw a Doctors episode at the Paley Center, Carolee was still in the credits as of early summer.

What I find interesting is that Jennifer Houlton (Greta) isn't credited. She used to be but no longer appears in the list.

• Members

It sounds to me like The Doctors received one of NBC's patented 11th hour cancellations. I'm not sure TPTB would have gone to the trouble of SORASing Erich and Stephanie, introducing the Langleys, writing out Nola and killing off Mona and Billy if they knew the finish line was so close.