The Doctors

• Members

Why is that?

Watching the fallout after Toni and Alan's wedding, particular how it's impacting Greta is PURE CAMP! 

Please register in order to view this content

LOL I can't help to think that some of the Pollack's writing must have influenced JER somehow lol

Matt/Maggie and Greta are perhaps the only part of the show I'm enjoying. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched pretty loyally till the fall 1973 episodes. I don't care for the Pollocks' writing at all. Their first few years of writing the show weren't bad. I quickly got tired of all the stories with the staff of Hope Memorial having health crises. And so much emphasis on a boring, lackluster character like Ann Larimer. I know the character goes through a transformation, but the character thus far has been a big snooze.

• Members

I totally think that the fault there was on the writers and not actress Geraldine Court. She went on to later soap success on GL. The other big flaw was pairing Ann with Nick. There was absolutely NO chemistry between GC and Gerald Gordon, but that may be due to the fact that they apparently didn't get along in real life. @TimWil can elaborate on that point.

• Members

I agree though I think Court worked better as a villainess. I have vague recollections of the latter Ann Larimer and recall her brief stint as June on Another World. I found her riveting in those performances. I only caught her last year as Jennifer on Guiding Light when the character wasn't front burner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Maggie wouldn't have become the maternal, martiach....and Matt and Maggie's relationship would have remained equal instead of devolving into a traditional husband/wife relationship.

As we start April 1975...im seeing the next crop of characters are coming in...Andy and Stacy.  Too much focus on Andy and singing...when his intro shpuould have been more gradual.  Stacy's has been a little better...tying her to steve/carolee.  

• Members

We are nearing the end of the Pollock's 5 year run as headwriters.

I wonder what were the circumstances of them leaving?

I have read that GH poached them?

Interesting to see what changes occur. I know MJ is on the way (June/July). Is she a Pollock creation or the first of the new writers?

• Members

Geraldine Court and Anna “Banana” Stuart became extremely good friends with Lauren White. I remember seeing her a lot at Geri’s apartment on the Upper West Side and I’m pretty sure she acted in one of the plays Geri directed.

I’m still waiting for that first scene with Ann and Toni in the same room together-I wonder if it ever happened!