The Doctors

• Members

FINALLY binged this past weekend and saw the one scene my dear departed friend Angela Thornton had with Elizabeth Hubbard. They were to become lifelong friends and Hubbard was even at Angela's bedside when she died a few years ago. I hope to finally catch a scene with Geraldine Court (another dear departed friend) and Anna Stuart because THEY became lifelong friends because of the show. I actually ran into Anna here in NYC a few weeks ago. She was with her husband James Cromwell. She still looks absolutely beautiful. We talked about Geri, of course. What an amazing thing it is to have these episodes re-aired.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In light of Gerald Gordon's departure, it seems Anthony Cannon's character of Tom has been introduced to fill the void.

But I think once the Pollocks depart, Tom gets written off.

I noticed in the credits 2 people were credited under 'prompting'. Would this be cue card holders? Never seen this before on any soap.

• Members

So I've caught up to mid January 1975.

Karen is unhinged...but I do like that the character Rita Lakin created is still used to great effect by the Pollack 7 plus years later...along with the fallout of a short term fling between her and Steve.

Like Toni's new hair style...but I don't see the fire between her and Alan.  We're they popular when the shoe aired originally?  Killing Margo off has made them filler.

And I kind of like the actor playing Mike...but I know he doesn't last.

Nice to see Steve is still talking down to Carolee like shed an infant.  Why were they popular again?

• Members

I don't mean to be unkind, but Karen's acting reminds me of the type of OTT "soap acting" people parodied when I was growing up.  I was watching last night like, "Oh damn.  I guess *they* had a point."

Yeah, I Googled but couldn't determine anything.  Hmmm...

• Members

I googled Jay Clark and Ted Bates (this was the ad agency that C-P used to package the show back in the days when ad agencies did this) and found this:

Jay Clark, free lance director with the major networks, has joined the radio department of Ted Bates, Inc,

That was Billboard 1943 so assuming that this was the same man, he worked for the agency for over 30 years.