The Doctors

• Members

Dan was a villain to me because he was hurting innocent people and he was never humanized at all.  I'm more sympathetic toward Cathy and John and don't really see them as villains.  Nick and Althea weren't exactly innocent in any of the events involving Cathy and John.  I've grown to loathe Nick and Althea because they're self-centered, hypocritical, and don't care who they hurt.  The constant Nick-propping by the other characters is maddening.  How many times an episode must we hear how great he is?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Going back and watching the Dan and Carolee pairing/marriage. I wonder why they decided to make Dan a psycho ? Richard Higgs was a great actor and he could have been used long term on the show. I could have pictured him paired with Althea or Ann. 

I was sorry to read of his suicide while he was on Love of Life in 1977. He was a tall.  In some of his scenes he has to lower his head to enter doors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Has Nancy Pinkerton come and gone on the Retro TV airings?  I just started today.

Also, I'm looking out for a former teacher of mine, Eulalie Noble.  Not at all sure when she aired, she's passed now so I can't ask her.

Elizabeth Hubbard sure is stunning, I first noticed at the '99 Emmys when they showed clips of the earliest awards ceremonies.