The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

to amybrickwallace,

I believe that Clarice Blackburn and Joel Crothers may have also appeared on both The Doctors and (certainly) Dark Shadows.

Robert Colbert and Ramsey Mosteller worked on both shows.  Robert Costello produced both of them.

• Members

Jody Lee definitely vanished when Edelstein was writing though was later mentioned visiting family. As for Liz, her send-off was hasty like Anna's. Out of the blue, she's off to visit her dad. So she did get some final scenes before Pamela Toll moved over to Somerset. But, overall, a disappointing end to such a memorable character.

• Members

C.C. Courtney took a break during Edelstein's  tenure to work on his play Salvation. To explain his absence, Jody was sent down South to visit his family. Jody's final onscreen appearance was in November 1969 under Ira Avery. No explanation was given when Jody ceased appearing in the story.

• Members

Robert Colbert was an actor who played Stuart Brooks on The Young and the Restless. To my knowledge, Mr. Colbert never appeared on Dark Shadows. Perhaps you confuse him with music director Bob Cobert. Ramse Mostoller never worked on The Doctors either. Her husband Joe Mostoller was costume designer for The Doctors.

Edited by saynotoursoap
incomplete sentence

• Members

Someone on this show must have really loved The Carpenters (who, by 1973, WERE one of the biggest musical acts in the business). Penny and Mike met at the ice cream shop, where "I Won't Last a Day Without You" was playing. In one of today's reruns, Mike was getting high on "pep pills" while "Top of the World" played. I don't quite think that's what Richard Carpenter and John Bettis had in mind when they wrote that song!!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I know - I was thinking the same thing (and he was addicted to sleeping pills, just like Mike). His pill addiction finally came to a head in late 1978, and he had to go to a rehab center in Kansas to finally kick the habit. This is what led Karen to go to NYC to cut a solo album with one of the hottest producers in music at the time, Phil Ramone. Of course, that's another story for another board...