The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I checked my downloads and VV's first appearance was Monday, October 20, 1969. That's assuming the accuracy of the dates that the person uploading Retro-aired episodes in 2015 used for labeling purposes. If it's not exact, it's probably close. Note: There was no gap between EH's last episode and VV's 1st, as EH had appeared in the Friday 10/17 show. VV's 1st episode includes the voiceover announcing her in the role of Althea.

Edited by Dave_01

• Members

So refreshing to see a teen character on a soap who's arrival was pleasant and wasn't cliche. I loved the dynamic between she and Althea and sadly spelling it out for mother that she'll no longer be able to see. That was heart-wrenching. When was listening to her parents talk, I was fearful that maybe Penny's secret would've been her being pregnant or on drugs. Glad that it is something so much more serious. Again, so refreshing as an introduction for the show's latest ingenue. 

• Members

For a first day, Julia Duffy did well...and she and Liz Hubbard played well opposite each other.  Plus, I didn't see any traces of her Newhart character at all.

I can see why this was a golden era for the show...crazy Kathy ryker is hitting a climax...while we are getting the starts of 3 new characters (laurie, ann, and penny)

• Members

Loved today's episodes. Absolutely nail biting. I actually feel sorry for Cathy. The character really has evolved dramatically since we first met her.

I try to avoid spoilers but I think John's around until sometime in 1974. Joe Stuart should be taking over as producer of The Doctors sometime in the next six months. According to Susan Bedsow Horgan, whose husband Patrick played John Morrison, Stuart fired Patrick Horgan in 1974.

• Members

Today was absolutely stellar. 

Can I say that I love Nick Bellini?! That dog will hunt when he has a scent. Oh I am so glad that he has John pegged. It just frustrates me that now Althea does not believe Nick. I guess this is where Penny might come into play. 

Is this scene an indicator that Nick will now be tossed into Ann's orbit going forward? 

Cathy was a great, complex character. I love how she delivered a fatal blow to John by taking him down before taking her fatal fall. 

• Members

There is a doctors fan page on facebook and the actress who played cathy last said that the writers wrote her out cause her story got too complicated...and that she would have stayed longer if the show hadn't written her off.

I thought nick and Ann had chemistry

..so you might be right.

From what I hear...john/althea/penny form a family unit for awhilw...and that there are some interesting scenes between John and penny...so you could be right that penny has john's #

• Members

Seeing as I saw Penny had a close bond with Nick and doesn't know John, I'd assume that she'd possibly be against John. It only makes sense. 

I did read up on Ann a bit to see and Nick does get involved. I was just wondering if the recent scene with Althea berating Nick was the last straw for him. 

Honestly, I think that this was the end of the road when it comes to Cathy. She needed to go whether it was a body bag or being put in an asylum. Keeping her around would be like squeezing blood from a turnip. That's the issue with soaps nowadays as they allow villains to long overstay their welcome. It is good to see TV where the villains get their comeuppance.