AMC: Mad Men

Cat

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah glad MAtt's loving season 2 as much as I am.

Yeah I dunno if I could watch it without Weimeer--I'm kinda disappointed it seems all about money for him--of course with the awards for the show he deserves a raise, but... I guess I liek to think these peopel are beyond money and do it solely out of love ;)

• Members

Great show last night....The scene with Joan being "raped" by her finance was very disturbing..And i loved Peggy getting her own office, with a stocked bar..Her line about sleeping with Don to get it was hilarious..I can't wait for the finale..

• Members

Finally watched the episode--terrific stuff.

Isn't it telling that the only woman who Don seems to have a relatively "healthy" relationship with seems to be one of the few women he's been social with who he hasn't ended up (I assume) having sex with... (I like the character of... Mrs Draper? though at this point she seems almost *too* perfect--the Hemingway-esque "perfect woman saviour" character)

I caught the religious allusions too--also loved how in the art fothe PopSickle campaign, the mom ends up with a halo thanks to the tradiitonal circle from the logo. Loved that Peggy finally got her own office (with REAL glasses to drink from!).

The Joan stuff was disturbing--from George's implications in bed that she was more experienced than she should be to how that carried over in the office--it seemed like George was almost turning it into some weird sort of role play for his benefit (besides the obvious power play issues of rape). And then Joan's sorta brief indifference to Peg's questions about him which quickly she replaces with an almost autopilot spiel listing all his virtues.

And I have to admit I found the scene with Betty on the phone to her friend fascinating...

• Members

Yeah! Mrs Drapper (the real Don Drapper's widow) was reading Don's cards and he was teasing her about them and she explained a few of them in the last five minutes--great stuff actually--was both acurate (I find it funny how little some tv and movie writers writign tarot scenes seem to know) and moving.

What's with your tarot obsession anyway? :P

• Members

There were I think three cards pointed out but the ones I remembered were Judgement which Don assumed would be bad (end of the World) but she said could be a rebirth, and the card that represented Don was The World--which she read as Don needing to realize he's not alone in the world but connected to everybody else.

• 2 months later...

Archived