Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Members

Hi @Aback, I'm glad you're impressed by what you see. From what I understand the show has been under financial constraints, however after its deal with Channel 5 in the UK in 2017, the Australian government started paying money towards the production of Neighbours (via Film Victoria) given it creates many jobs for writers, directors, actors etc so they see it as important for the country. This money from Film Victoria coincided with the show upgrading its cameras and post-production software, which might have something to do with what you're seeing on Twitter. If you do start watching the show, make sure to post here about what you think

Please register in order to view this content

I'd love to see these one day too! 

Edited by Edward Skylover

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The 35th anniversary week was one of Neighbours best weeks in years. Colette Mann and Chris Milligan who play Kyle and Sheila put in brilliant performances for their grieving of Gary. Also lovely to see Sky Mangel and Des Clarke back.

Edited by Edward Skylover

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes it's a cute little term that has caught on in New Zealand. I don't know if the term has caught on in Australia (I don't think it has) but basically what Neighbours is doing is dividing people up into separate 'work bubbles'.

Sharon Johal (Dipi) said we're going to start seeing more phone conversations, production tricks, long zoom lenses and limiting scenes to 3 people - https://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourne/programs/drive/neighbours-sharon-johal-on-long-running-soap-resuming-production/12166504

• Members

Same. They COULD be kind of clever about it, should they so choose. But it could likely only last so long. They kinda have to come up with something. Social distancing seems possible. I'd rather they not address the situation itself on the soaps though, personally, but they may have to. Not sure.

DAYS doesn't need to worry about it, LOL. 

• Members

Definitely. And depending where we are on testing, it's not out of the realm everyone gets a test before going into the building. Who knows where we will be in the next few months with this?

B&B relies a lot on making out and sex so it'll be interesting to see how they pull it off.

I think they need to come up with some kind of gameplan (not saying they aren't but we haven't heard anything at all). 

Not sure why they can't wear masks behind the camera and social distance in a few months from now. They can do their own makeup and hair (many do) and wardrobe. Space people out on camera. It could be awkward at first but they have to figure out something.