Toups

Neighbours: Discussion Thread

20 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

Exactly. I hope Home and Away follows suit eventually and starts updating its broadcast model - the fact it still airs 4 or even 6 weeks behind Australian broadcasts is ridiculous in this day and age.

Yes, it's crazy that in the UK, H&A still airs several weeks behind Australia. Neighbours was given a real boost when it went to same-day broadcasts. 

15 hours ago, YRBB said:

unless they rush production, which can come with its own set of issues.

Agreed - lack of rehearsal time, etc. Do they even get to rehearse on Neighbours? I know the UK soaps only seem to do so when it's a big event these days.

How many episodes a week does Neighbours currently film? Am pretty sure it's more than five, which means they are already used to getting ahead of themselves. 

1 minute ago, Adamski said:

How many episodes a week does Neighbours currently film? Am pretty sure it's more than five, which means they are already used to getting ahead of themselves. 

6. It changed during the Susan Bower years.

2 minutes ago, Adamski said:

Agreed - lack of rehearsal time, etc. Do they even get to rehearse on Neighbours? I know the UK soaps only seem to do so when it's a big event these days.

I thought it was only Emmerdale out of the UK soaps, where they didn't rehearse. Not sure about Neighbours. I don't think the show will decline in quality. It's only 18 extra episodes. It's fantastic news.

Does Neighbours still do five episodes in six days? With an additional 18, would that be even possible?