Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Members

The idea was for the theme and credit shots to be retro, a throwback to the original, 90s, and early 2000s styles. The broadcast version was slightly altered so the vocals aren't quite as drowned out by the music as they are in that video you posted. They do take a while to appreciate, that's for sure.

Here's the 2015, 30th anniversary cast photo.

10257111_929105793767115_882000202787318

(Left-right)

Top Row: Kip Gamblin (Brad Willis), Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi), Ryan Moloney (Toadie Rebecchi), Ariel Kaplan (Imogen Willis), Travis Burns (Tyler Brennan), Colette Mann (Sheila), Scott McGregor (Mark Brennan), Josef Brown (Matt Turner).

Middle Row: Tom Oliver (Lou Carpenter), Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese Willis), Tim Phillipps (Daniel Robinson), Jenna Rosenow (Amber Turner), Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson), Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy), Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy), James Mason (Chris Pappas), Chris Milligan (Kyle Canning), Morgana O'Reilly (Naomi Canning), Harley Bonner (Josh Willis), Olympia Valance (Paige Smith), Kate Kendal (Lauren Turner), Saskia Hempele (Georgia Canning), Meyne Wyatt (Nate Kinski).

Front Row: Bossy, Calan Mackenzie (Bailey Turner), An unknown mystery dog, that is not on screen.

I'll post some of the new cast photos if anyone's interested (or hasn't seen them). They were taken when they filmed the opening credits.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks. You can tell she's genuinely touched.

I did watch it. Stefan Dennis was great, and the girl playing Zoe was surprisingly good. I also laughed at Susan slipping on a puddle of milk - isn't that how she lost her memory 20 years ago?

I liked the genuine congratulation to Eastenders. Neighbours really does have a kind heart.

I saw some interview with the guy who plays Harold, talking about how he feels like the show is in good hands now, which he didn't the last time he visited. It's a real contrast to the guy who plays Alf on Home & Away and his recent comments about that show...

• Members

Yeah, that whole spoof was kinda retro in nature. Susan's love of soaps was acknowledged (which it hasn't been since 2004), and she did indeed slip on spilt milk, and lost her memory in 2002. The accents generally were a lot better than I thought they would be. I did like the Kat/Zoe spoof with Naomi/Paige, and then Lauren appears to say, "No, I'm her mother," highlighting how Paige was Lauren's long-lost dead daughter from 20 years ago.

I hope EastEnders do something to congratulate Neighbours on turning 30. It would awful if they didn't. I think it's a nice, easy thing to do, especially in the social media era. The soaps used to do this kind of thing in the 90s, and then it all fizzled out for some reason.

Ian Smith was right the last time (either 2009 or 2011), and he's right this time. Susan Bower didn't love the show the way a producer should have, and Ian even had to tell her in 2011, that the way the characters were all behaving was unpleasant to watch. I remember he said he had to fight to get them to write a scene where he visited Madge's grave, before he married Carolyn, b/c Harold would never do anything like marry another woman without consulting Madge. The fact they had Harold marry Carolyn never felt quite right, anyway.

From what has been said of the H&A producers, they don't take criticism lightly. Ray (Alf), actually went to the previous producer (Cameron Walsh) in 2009 saying the same thing (2009 was the year they had a people smuggling mystery last the whole year), and that gave way to the boring 2010 year, which went the complete opposite. I'll be interested to see what the current producers make of his comments, especially at a time when the last of the original Braxtons (who have dominated the show) leaves this year. Hopefully they'll inject some balance back into the show. Ray is probably the only one who can get away with criticising the current team - Robert Mamone (ex-Sid Walker) was the last actor to openly criticise them for writing Romeo's cancer story so badly, and they responded by firing him (which he alleged in a tweet).

Maybe she will. I don't think it's a coincidence that the mystery dog is the same breed as Bouncer was - maybe this dog will be a relative?

• Members

Apparently so. Chris' departure hasn't been officially confirmed, yet, but a reliable source has confirmed it to be true (the kind of source that people believe).

The show is neither confirming or denying anything (much like with Bailey's rumoured exit), which is probably the best way to go.