Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Members

yeah that's another good point...the whole situation is weird. If TPTB knew he was only staying for the length of his contract why on earth would they marry him off to one of the show's longest serving characters and embark on a long term story arc involving surrogacy...hopefully this means that they have planned for this eventuality in advance and get a great storyline out of it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

One would hope. But this is Neighbours, and it could easily be a major miss. On the plus side, Susan Bower has talked about the golden couple, being not-so golden, so it seems like they've found away to factor the surrogacy into his exit.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I know this is a couple of weeks late, but thought it was still interesting.

For those of you still watching: how are you finding the teen-overload? And for a woman who started out doing so much good, how has Susan Bower veered so far off course? Seriously, she seems to think the show is the best its ever been, despite the Oz ratings taking a major dive. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

From what I've read Jane Badler's going to play the board chairwoman of the Daniels Corporation, Diana Marshall. They've set up a story for Paul Robinson to have Lassiter's hotel taken away from him if he doesn't boost profits or some such and her character's name was on the paperwork. Could be interesting if they play it right.

On a completely unrelated note I found this on Youtube. I'd forgotten how depressing the MS story was but fantastically acted. I don't know how Jackie Woodburne isn't better recognised.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

Tis indeed Amello. Same woman, same cheating husband. One of my favourite ever soap storylines (if not the favourite).

No they don't. I don't think it's just soaps either. Aussies don't take their television very seriously and the awards only go to the popular faces of the time. Jackie's certainly got a major fanbase in the UK and with the hardcore of viewers in Oz but unlike Ray Meagher from Home and Away, the Susan character doesn't have the catchphrases and gimmicks to really put her in the public consciousness.

• Members

This is a Neighbours Skit that they produced for the Logies, which was deemed too risqué to air. It's from the 7PM Project, and is a parody of Neighbours and Underbelly.

It's hilarious, and similar to the Two Libby's skit.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

I've always thought Karl was kind of hot...

Toadie and Susan are hilarious there. It's nice to see Toadie not simpering or being the clown.

That's very funny. I guess I can see why it didn't air but it's so entertaining, and also shows what some of the actors can do with different material.

It's strange how Neighbours has now said they can't have anything that will scare viewers, or something like that. Was this some network mandate?

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Yeah, it's all b/c of the 'G' rating, and the restrictions it poses. They've actually got stricter over the years. It's stupid having a soap under a General Rating, given that the 'G' means that anyone of all ages can watch the show, which has made Susan Bower steer the show towards kids, instead of its intended 18-49 demo. But judging from a couple of up-coming storylines, it seems maybe she's willing to push the boundaries, like the show used to do (and is finally listening to viewers).

I love Rosemary, so it'll be good to see her again. Glad that she's getting four episodes, and it isn't just a one-guest-ep.

• 3 weeks later...