Home and Away: Discussion Thread

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Emmerdale is a good show.

I tried a bit of Neighbours again a day or two ago and there was this annoying as hell song playing on the soundtrack over and over. If I want that I can watch American soaps. 

I mostly prefer the old H&A. Their more recent material does nothing for me. And so many people quit that there's nothing to invest in.

• Members

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'd say Neighbours is far superior to the American soaps, I can't deal with the northern accents so I don't watch the northern soaps, I deffo agree with you about Home and Away, it's quite crap to be honest, it's beautifully shot though. If you can you should definitely get your hands on some old H&A.

That show needs to do more to try and get some characters/actors to stick around.

Shame not more posters on here like Neighbours as I'd be interested to hear your opinions on it, sorry I know I've said that before, if you don't like the show you don't like it, I have to accept it 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Edward Skylover

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I struggled to care about Meg and Blake, mainly because she had Guest Character written all over her. That story consumed the show for months. I definitely prefer the 1993-1996 seasons over 1991-1992. 1991-1992 is still better than modern H&A though.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have started a petition as the Home and Away: The Early Years repeat run has been taken off the air after 8 years. I thought I'd share this petition on here as you guys love soaps. Please sign if you can, I'd really appreciate the support. It's unlikely to work but at least us H&A fans will have tried! Many thanks in advance.

https://www.change.org/p/seven-network-make-channel-7two-bring-back-home-and-away-the-early-years/c/644056199

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I recall back in the mid 90s when FX started..they showed Home and Away from 1988 for several months..and it did quite well.  I Loved Carly.. Roo was such a little schemer trying to keep her dad and future step mom from marrying..and trying to keep Frank wrapped around her finger.   And I loved that the core family was a married couple and their foster kids.