• Postnatal depression
  • Alcoholism
  • Online bullying
  • Marital problems
  • Financial struggle

Autumn spoilers

Sounds like must-see-tv, right?  

Please register in order to view this content

On top of that we already have a cancer story going on and a son just being exposed for poisoning his own mother.....

I think they should seriously consider adding some more light and fun material. This all sounds too depressing and the world is depressing enough right now as it is.

• Members
3 hours ago, I Am A Swede said:

Emmerdale has released spoilers for their autumn storylines, and they include:

• A psychopath on the loose
  • Postnatal depression
  • Alcoholism
  • Online bullying
  • Marital problems
  • Financial struggle

Autumn spoilers

On top of that we already have a cancer story going on and a son just being exposed for poisoning his own mother.....

I think they should seriously consider adding some more light and fun material. This all sounds too depressing and the world is depressing enough right now as it is.

I agree. Community and friendship and story balance seem to be long gone, not likely to return. I'm not even sure if the show HAS any "comedy characters" now. 

I did read that Debbie won't be back anytime soon, and I think this is probably the least influence the Dingles have had on the show in many years, so at least that's a positive for you. 

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2021 at 8:00 AM, DRW50 said:

I did read that Debbie won't be back anytime soon, and I think this is probably the least influence the Dingles have had on the show in many years, so at least that's a positive for you. 

That's true! They are not as dominant as they have been. They're still too many, but some progress has been made....

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members
On 7/29/2021 at 11:18 AM, I Am A Swede said:

• Postnatal depression
  • Alcoholism
  • Online bullying
  • Marital problems
  • Financial struggle

Autumn spoilers

It almost feels like our US soaps where they fall into this rut of the same storylines. Like a baby storyline, all of those above are 'easy to plot' if you will. Lazy while trying to be 'relevant' and also depressing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/29/2021 at 5:18 PM, I Am A Swede said:

• Postnatal depression
  • Alcoholism
  • Online bullying
  • Marital problems
  • Financial struggle

Autumn spoilers

Quoting myself here, but apparently we can now also add miscarriage and an AIDS scare to the list of topics this show will be dealing with in the coming weeks/months. It just gets better and better, doesn't it.....

• Members
On 8/31/2021 at 12:47 PM, I Am A Swede said:

Quoting myself here, but apparently we can now also add miscarriage and an AIDS scare to the list of topics this show will be dealing with in the coming weeks/months. It just gets better and better, doesn't it.....

It's all so depressing.

Reminds me of Corrie circa 2015-2018 (heck it started way back in 2001 but they masked it better and it got worse around 2010). Everything was just depressing. I mean Michelle alone lost a child, her son was recast and run-over (but lived), was involved with abusive Robert and then got shot but loony Phelan. Lord. No wonder the actress left (reminds me of Sunita and how the actress finally had enough).

Every story just had some dark tone to it and was miserable. So I can understand the struggle Emmerdale fans are having.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

@I Am A Swede Thanks for finding that. I am glad Diane will get a few minutes of story. Glad to see the Doctor Who-Emmerdale ties continue as well. Didn't you think it was nice of him to mention Arthur Pentelow? I know Mr. Wilks is a little more known again these days due to the ITV3 repeats, but still, so many of his best years are hard for people to find. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

^^

It was very nice to see Arthur Pentelow mentioned.     He left us far too soon.

I'm slightly miffed about this though: Frazer Hines was a mainstay of the ITV soap in its early years as Joe Sugden.

"In its early years" ??!!  Seriously?     More like the first 20 years!!   

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members
1 hour ago, I Am A Swede said:

Emmerdale: Actress Elizabeth Estensen leaving ITV soap after 22 years

Oh no. 

I have not had access to this series for many years, but still miss it, even though I know it's been messed up and Dingle-fied.

With Diane leaving, there goes one of the few remaining links to the Sugden family. Is only Victoria left, now?