Jump to content
Toups

Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

^^

:wub:

 

In other news, Frazer Hines has expressed interest in returning as (the unfortunately deceased) Joe Sugden.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a27175249/emmerdale-frazer-hines-joe-sugden-return/

I don't know how serious he is, but it's an intriguing thought, despite the less than stellar return of Kim Tate.

But it would be quite hard to explain his whereabouts for the last 24 years, since his supposed death in a car crash in Spain.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Throwback BTS Of Emmerdale from 6 days before my date of birth!!! 

 

Anyone watching during this time what did you think of Stuart Doughty as Series Producer? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I Am A Swede said:

^^

:wub:

 

In other news, Frazer Hines has expressed interest in returning as (the unfortunately deceased) Joe Sugden.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a27175249/emmerdale-frazer-hines-joe-sugden-return/

I don't know how serious he is, but it's an intriguing thought, despite the less than stellar return of Kim Tate.

But it would be quite hard to explain his whereabouts for the last 24 years, since his supposed death in a car crash in Spain.

 

 

All they'd have to do is say he was in hiding or had amnesia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 1:55 AM, DRW50 said:

 

All they'd have to do is say he was in hiding or had amnesia.

 

I guess that could work. But if they are going to do that (and I won't be holding my breath) I hope they do it soon, so Annie could get reunited with Joe before she dies.

On 4/17/2019 at 11:21 PM, Forever8 said:

A Throwback BTS Of Emmerdale from 6 days before my date of birth!!! 

 

Anyone watching during this time what did you think of Stuart Doughty as Series Producer? 

 

 

Lovely! Back when the show was actually good!   :wub:

Edited by I Am A Swede

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't too thrilled with this delayed flashback gimmick they did, but the fallout has been better than expected. Matthew Wolfenden and Roxy Shahidi has put in phenomenal work with the whole Maya reveal.

And it is so satisfying to see Isabel Hodgins finally get a chance to shine as Victoria. It's too bad that it took a rape storyline for her to get that chance. And I'm not at all happy that they had to compound the misery on her by making her pregnant. It definitely feels like overkill. And it really sucks that when she finally gets pregnant it's as a result of being raped.

 

I do love the fact that very few Dingles have been involved in these stories. It demonstrates how much better this show would be with less Dingles. (I would personally prefer no Dingles but I know that's not going to happen).

 

I'm cautiously optimistic about James Tate's arrival in the village. Maybe his presence can humanize Kim and make her less of a pantomime villain.

 

The last few weeks have been a definite improvement over the last few months, so maybe the show can be salvaged. It's not perfect by any means, and with Lisa and Zak returning next week the Dingles will probably hog the limelight again, and that is never a good thing. I just hope that it won't mean that Victoria's story and the fallout from the Maya reveal will be relegated to sporadic appearances....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad you are still posting about the show. I have a really hard time sitting through it - I haven't in months. The Victoria and Jacob stories just upset me, especially Liv blackmailing an abuse victim for cash. 

 

@I Am A Swede you're a big Emma Thompson fan right? She's hosting SNL tomorrow night. Their videos go up on Youtube. I don't know if it will be geoblocked for you. They also have shorter versions on their Twitter. Not sure if that is geoblocked. She has two promos up on there already.

 

Also I don't know if you are a Freddie Jones fan but this is a 1974 half-hour play he appeared in that was put up yesterday. (I should warn there is some anti-gay and racist language). It also has the actor who played Trevor Thatcher, NYE Estates manager of 1978, looking very dashing in a poignant role. 

 

 

 

Edited by DRW50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 2:24 AM, DRW50 said:

I'm glad you are still posting about the show. I have a really hard time sitting through it - I haven't in months. The Victoria and Jacob stories just upset me, especially Liv blackmailing an abuse victim for cash

 

I already hated that useless little bitch, and that only justified my feelings towards her.

Those two stories are tough to watch, but I much prefer them over anything involving Debbie, Cain, Charity, or any other Dingle. It's so nice when the people in charge of the show remember that there are characters not named Dingle on the show. It always improves the quality.....  :P

 

On 5/11/2019 at 2:24 AM, DRW50 said:

@I Am A Swede you're a big Emma Thompson fan right? She's hosting SNL tomorrow night. Their videos go up on Youtube. I don't know if it will be geoblocked for you. They also have shorter versions on their Twitter. Not sure if that is geoblocked. She has two promos up on there already.

 

How can anyone not be a fan of Emma Thompson?!  :wub:

She's been by far the best actress in the world the last 25 years, and she also seems to be a delightful person off screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emmerdale's own Karl Davies (the previous Robert Sugden) has a role as one of many doomed Chernobyl plant employees in HBO and Sky TV's excellent Chernobyl miniseries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vee said:

Emmerdale's own Karl Davies (the previous Robert Sugden) has a role as one of many doomed Chernobyl plant employees in HBO and Sky TV's excellent Chernobyl miniseries.

 

Karl is one of the best actors Emmerdale ever had...I can't watch that as it's just too heavy for me but I'm glad he keeps getting work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a horrible thought.... I sincerely hope that they won't have Victoria go through with her pregnancy and give the baby to Robert and Aaron. They couldn't be that insensitive, could they?  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're talking about current day Emmerdale here.....so anything is likely. I mean did you watch those scenes with their surrogate a few weeks back? Atrocious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MichaelGL said:

You're talking about current day Emmerdale here.....so anything is likely.

 

I know, that's why the thought even crossed my mind. I don't think they will go that way though. It would be far too controversial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...