Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Doug is a great actor. He used to come from Victoria Wood comedy but he's also decent at the dramatic work. They used him in somewhat odd stories before -- supposedly he almost quit over a story in 2008 where he got an STD -- but he's a good presence. I really like Layla too, I'm glad they kept her around. David is so gorgeous, I wish they did more with him.

• Members

Oh yes, David is super fine. He's always wearing those tight fitting shirts to show off his muscles and such ... :wub: How Layla would ever even be remotely attracted to a pathetic pratt like Nathan, when she's got that at home is :wacko: to me.

In other news, I have come to the conclusion that Nicola and Chastity are my favorites on this show. They always end up making me laugh with their witty/bitchy remarks.

Also, I LOVED the foreshadowing at the bon fire party with Nathan/Mark/Natasha dolls being burned. It got me all excited!

• Members

I think she was attracted to Nathan's wealth and influence. That and sometimes she doesn't seem sure of herself with David.

Nathan would probably be more appealing to gay men, especially with that fantastic arse. Too bad all the gay men have left the village. I'd love to have seen Paul Lambert flirting with a flustered Nathan.

Caulfield looks better without the wig.

• Members

Personally, I don't find Nathan attractive in the least. Obviously, you know I'm much more of a fan of James Sutton, but Danny Miller is pretty hot too. Please tell me, Miller is legal LOL

I also don't like Caulfield. The way he speaks and his stilted mannerisms piss the hell out of me. LOL He's probably the only actor on this show I don't like. Thank God, he'll be gone soon. :)

Edited by Amello

• Members

Danny is 19.

Nathan is attractive to me in that posh, stuck up way, smug and he knows it and you want to see him taken down a few pegs. He also has a nice smile and is a little bit debauched, like he'd probably know how to have fun. At least that's one side of him. The whiny bratty entitled act is annoying. Sometimes he's nice and he genuinely cares about his family, although that isn't very often.

The soap actors I tend to notice the most are the ones with great butts, and Emmerdale has quite a few of those.

Caulfield is awful but he's a perfect fit for the character.

• Members

I've been dropping in and out. I keep up with some stories and others I'm not as interested in and can wait to see. I did this with Corrie too although I'm finally all caught up on that (it helps when you can skip about 50% of the stories because you can't stand them). I do read far ahead, which I probably shouldn't, but I can't help it.

Did you get to see any of the older clips from before you started watching, any of Debbie/Jasmine, or when Laurel and Ashley lost their son?

• Members

The Andy story does seem like a long time ago. They took Andy very far over the edge. Sometimes I'm still surprised they managed to keep him around, although I guess it's a good thing they did, as he's one of the only Sugdens left. I wish they'd bring his father Billy back.