Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

What I found most interesting was Eric Pollard going around asking "have you seen my wife, Elizabeth Pollard?' over and over again. It's either...

A; Shock over the plane crash and truly not knowing where his wife is (ie: he didn't kill Elizabeth, the plane crash did)

B: Shock over the fact that he'd killed his wife and then then witnessed a plane crash on the same night, causing him to forget he killed Elizabeth.

C: The biggest con that conman has ever pulled (he's killed Elizabeth and is now using the plane crash to conveniently account for her disappearance)

Its a mystery Emmerdale has never resolved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So, through YouTube, I have watched the stories involving the Lambs's beginning with James Sutton first appearance. Just watched through June 25, 2009. Thoughts?

How the hell did the Natasha and Mark birth Maisie? She's as blonds as a sheep!

Cain Dingle reminds me of some Craigslist rapist. I can barely look at him without disgust.

Does Emmerdale use sets? Because the show looks absolutely amazing!

Nathan - HATE! What an ass. I love this Katie chick though. She reminds me of the blond woman who was riding the horse in the very 1st episode that I watched online months ago. I like Lee too. On a superficial note, why the hell would Katie choose Nathan over Lee? Lee is fine.

The woman that plays Natasha gave a great performance when she learned the truth.

I also enjoy the feel of the show, very real, like we're watching these people's lives through binoculars.

Lastly, I hope it's not too long before Ryan is mixing it up with the rest of the cast, instead of just his mother.

Edited by Amello

• Members

A lot of Emmerdale is filmed outdoors, but they have some standing sets. Over ten years ago the show paid to build the village and in the long run this has saved them a lot of time and money.

You should have seen what Cain looked like the last time he was on the show! Long, unkempt hair, baggy clothes. He was a slightly more dapper Eli. I think when the actor returned he or someone must have asked for a change. I think he has a medical condition in real life which caused the marks on his face.

Cain is a fascinating character with the proper writing, which he hasn't had as much of with his return. He's often very bitter and easily hurt and lashes out. You should look up some of his stories with the Reynolds family -- his insecurities led him to run an emotional bulldozer through them.

Lee was dull, but he was good looking. I think Katie just wanted a rich guy...

I love to hate Nathan. Sometimes I can't even get around to hating him, he's his own worst enemy. It helps that I think the actor is attractive.

That's what I like about it too. I think it helps that we get so many small everyday moments, and so much comedy.

• Members

Are you implying (don't spoil story!) that Katie and Lee are gone?

In the stuff I've seen they subtly referenced that Cain still wanted revenge on Natasha or something. What is that all about?

Through the week I saw of Nathan screwing with Katie because she dumped him he seemed pathetic to me. But in the family setting, I quite enjoyed him. I'm not sure how I feel about Maisie yet.

• Members

Well, so far it's not the same as what has been the usual gay relationship/coming out story on soaps over the past 4-5 years. So that's new. I think the pacing could be a bit better, the story has gone slowly and sometimes vanishes for long periods of time, but I think the idea is interesting and I think Danny Miller is doing a wonderful job. I'm very glad that the people who took over Emmerdale last year realized his potential. When Aaron showed up in late 2008 he was just another rough around the edges punk who resented his parents and lashed out. A lot of viewers probably have minded seeing the back of him. Danny Miller added a lot of shading and vulnerability to the part and I'm happy the show recognized his abilities. I hope he continues to be an important character, as he has a lot of complicated relationships which can go anywhere. Often a soap just dumps some random teen on the canvas and says, "They're the future!" but Aaron can be more than that.

• Members

So what's exactly wrong with Andy?

Posting as I watch here.

Is it weird that I get gay vibes from Alan and this biker friend? LOL

This new guy that's into Cain daughter is a spitting image of Boston Rob from Survivor.

And OH MY GOD! Bob and Gennie! :o

Edited by Amello

• Members

One minor issue with this show. Why the hell are all these damn kids blond when their parents aren't? It's really ridiculous. Especially Bob and Viv's twins.

Yes, what I've been waiting for. Faye and Ryan have just moved into the village. :)

I really enjoy Debbie. I thought she was just some bitch at first, but her kindness and sympathy to Andy makes me love her.

• Members

Both the actor who plays Aaron and the target of his crush (name escapes me for a moment) are really impressing me. If/when these two do get it on, I have the feeling it could be smouldering.

Nathan going pervy-psycho last week -- and then Natasha standing up to his blackmail and kicking him out -- was just awesome. Amanda Donohoe is amazing.