Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Robert was involved with Debbie too and he never interacts with her, so it doesn't mean anything. But there are other reasons why Scott is not likely to ever return. 

The main issue with the Sugdens is there aren't even any left to bring back, unless Kelvin Fletcher decides he wants to return. This is where the show could bring in new Sugdens, but I doubt they will bother. 

I like Dan a lot, and I like Kerry, but I think their stories have reached a natural conclusion (unless they keep Kerry around to take her grandson Kyle). I'd write the family out and bring back more Merricks.

I have to admit by Cain standards I thought he was fairly reasonable - in years past he would have dangled him off a ledge. Still, I have no sympathy for Debbie and it's time for Cain to not have to be involved in her messes.

Someone who went on the Emmerdale tour said

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Very much yes to that! 

Please register in order to view this content

I really shouldn't be laughing, but it's a perfect description of why Cain's actions were those of a massive hypocrite. He would have done exactly what Ross did if he had been in his shoes.

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

I've enjoyed the Charity/Ryan stuff this week. Emma Atkins is a wonderful actress and I never tire of seeing her on screen.

My issue with Emmerdale is that there are stray bits which are great, but the whole hasn't been as exciting for me as it once was in the last six to nine months. I do hope the new work is being phased in as the MacLeod's stories fade out.

The Spencer drama just isn't clicking for me (I feel like the actors aren't engaged with it). I'm no fan of Joe Tate and that drama. I wish Debbie would stop crying and do something. BUT I love the chaos Laurel & Bob have wrought on the village which should play out for years to come as it involves legacy characters, their children, and their families. 

• Members

Nope. He can't. Everything in that synopsis stems from the character, their drives, hopes, ambitions, and that's what makes just that synopsis compelling. Imagine seeing it on your screen six times a week!! Thrilling! 

Now we have a muddy, directionless mess of a show: What does Joe Tate actually want now that he has revenge on Debbie? What's Vanessa's purpose? What is Lachlan's goal besides killing people? Isn't he still in school? Does Aaron have any other life ambitions other than Liv and Robert? And don't get me started on poor, neglected, aimless Victoria Sugden...