Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

She's actually part of my very first, very hazy memory of Emmerdale Farm. I had this vague recollection of a girl named Rosemary, no more than that. It wasn't until much later I got it confirmed that there had actually been a Rosemary on the show.

Her very first episode could be found on Youtube for a brief while, but it was taken down. But there are other episodes uploaded there now with her in them. Here's one for instance

Trivia: Her co-star, George Fenton, has gone on to become a famous composer, writing music for many acclaimed wildlife series produced by David Attenborough ("Planet Earth", "Blue Planet" etc), and also for many movies by Ken Loach. His breakthrough came when he collaborated with Ravi Shankar to write the score to the multi-Oscar winning "Gandhi" (1982)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Is that based on my spoiler spec? 

Please register in order to view this content

I get what you mean, although I don't mind her when she's written as nasty, rather than a saint or romantic heroine.

Charley Webb said last week that she's mostly staying there while her kids are young, then she wants to leave. 

• Members

The spoiler is part of it, but I don't think my disdain for everything Dingle-related is a secret.  

Debbie is everything I hate about the Dingles, and she is at the very top of my list of characters I would dump immediately if I got the chance. Her parents are up there too, but Charity at least has some wit and humour.

• Members

Very happy for them, yes. 

@Nothin'ButAttitude I don't know if you saw any of yesterday's show but Kerry had a wig on and kept pulling faces, and it took me forever to figure out who she reminded me of. Finally I realized - a much less plastic Kim Zolciak (the early years). 

Adam Fielding (ex-Kirin) is going to be on Krypton.

Ross' big story is starting next week. 

• Members

Moira and Cain again? Really? I was certain the last scene tonight was his fantasy but she really did show up in that gleaming white coat, face all angelic, telling him they’d be spending the rest of their lives together. All because of a visit from Charity of all people? What a load of shite.

• Members

Moira makes up her own mind - I doubt Charity swayed her. I think that scene was mostly about completing the circle for viewers - Charity moving on and acknowledging Moira's love for Cain. 

I'm mostly just glad all the back and forth with Cain and Moira is finally over. Her beating him up is still a very odd writing choice though. More of the show romanticizing abuse.

I get the feeling you're done with the show, but I think it's been alright this month - I've enjoyed more than I haven't, and I think they've had the balance right (for the first time in 3-4 years). It helps that a few of the stories I dislike haven't been on much.

I do think the stuff with David and Tracy and David is stupid, especially given that his last wife was sexually assaulted. He wouldn't be so chummy with a stranger that his wife obviously doesn't like or trust. 

• Members

No, Carl, I’m not done with the show quite yet but come on, you KNOW Moira and Cain will break up AGAIN at some point in the future. Because Moira has been right for months-she’s insisted that unless Cain has truly evolved their relationship can’t ever work. Maybe because his issues with Faith has been somewhat  resolved he will evolve but I doubt it. The show is way too fond of his bad boy antics.

Edited by TimWil